View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #25
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan View Post
I don’t know that there’s any evidence linking Reigns not being there to a dip in business. But you were responding to Gertner’s post so I assumed you were talking about him not being a failure as the “1 top babyface” the company builds around.

They’re currently not using that model because Reigns didn’t work out in the role. Neither has McIntyre or Rollins or Braun or any of the faces they’ve put over their legit stars. Cena was the last one.
I was adding onto Gertner’s point, which was about how the WWF/E has been traditionally built around 1 top babyface, which was simply a response as to why it isn’t crucial there are 180 super-protected people running around. It doesn’t really speak to exceptions to the rule at all.

Reigns is used to spike business now, and Raw was greatly hurt when Roman took his health leave. The jury is still out on McIntyre. The show is still obviously being built around Roman Reigns though. There’s still one gimmick they focus on/protect the shit out of.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote