View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 01:33 AM   #4
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I really didn't like 31 as much as other people did. The Rock and Ronda stuff was pretty cool, but it absolutely sucked to see Bryan slumming it in the opening Ladder Match. I'm also not a big fan of the Money in the Bank gimmick, and I don't think it's stressed enough how they kind of pulled that switch because what they were doing wasn't working. At all.

Orton vs. Rollins was a good match, with a sick RKO, but when you've got a guy losing and then later on he's winning the belt? Eh. The whole WCW clusterfuck with the Sting match was offensive too. And Taker vs. Bray Wyatt was a bad match, from memory. I liked Cena beating Rusev with one Attitude Adjustment, but that's all soured by them repeatedly beating Rusev afterwards and where he's ended up.

Trying to remember more about the show, and I'm honestly struggling. I just bring it up because people do seem to laud it as a great Mania, but I think that's kind of stretching it a bit. It also rendered a lot of what made Mania XXX feel special, which hurts it in retrospect.

These Network Manias have all been pretty dodge, or just events that "happened." Mania XXX was the last one I felt good watching, and by the time Mania 31 came around my heart was already broken.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote