View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 05:29 AM   #12
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
Before sending it in or repair talk or anything, try to see if there is an update for the DVD player that you somehow didn't automatically recieve. I had to do that a couple of years ago when my system wouldn't read any discs. I had flashbacks of taking my PS2 apart and adjusting the laser, but one manual software update later, I was back in business.
This is a good point.

As a last resort you can also download the Xbox firmware to a USB stick and use it to flash your system back to factory settings. If you put in a thumb drive and turn the system off and then hold down the sync button on the side and the disc eject button for like 5-10 seconds it will boot from USB instead of the hard drive and allow you to flash it. Installs firmware on a clean system. Run any updates, cross fingers. Obv back up your saves and stuff before you do this though.

Had to do this when one of their beta updates from the testing program completely bricked my xbox one only a couple months after it launched.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote