View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 03:12 PM   #14085
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quite liked what I saw out of the short Fight Forever stream today. Seemed to nail the AKI arcadey vibe they were going for.

Appears that everyone has different skills and attributes, allowing them to excel in certain areas of the match (striking, high flying, etc), this was more or less confirmed by the achievements list but I'm glad it's there anyway. As even in an arcade fighter, everyone usually has unique skillsets.

Seemed to me from what was shown that the CPU controlled wrestlers were behaving like their real-life counterparts. CPU Jericho kept sliding out of the ring and taunting when he was trying to calm his opponents' momentum.
CPU MJF attacked before the bell, heeled it up constantly and has a headlock takeover signature move which I thought was cool as the animation mimicked the way he pinned Darby.

OC has his sloth style which is more or less the equivalent of changing stance in a fighting game. And with that there are presumably a whole bunch of moves specific with that stance, though the real life OC didn't know the controls so really we just saw him block a few strikes, hit a dropkick and do a pin in that stance. Very cool feature though and the "stances" could open up options for different talent.

Can't say I care about the entrances, controlling your pyro or anything. Actually prefer the entrances being short as I usually end up skipping them in 2k after the first couple of times I see it.

Still can't say I'm rushing to drop 70 bucks off of what is still relatively little footage, but it seems fun. Hopefully they put out more footage/discuss more features over the next 6 weeks.

Anyone who was expecting the game to look like the 2k series or strive for simulation gameplay vs. arcadey gameplay has paid no attention to what they've been saying about the game since day one.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote