View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 12:41 AM   #2289
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I can explain why the Impact viewership is down. Internet wrestling fans are nerds. We live in a bubble. We talk to each other and reverberate the same, often completely misguided, opinions to each other. There are people who thought the "Woken" Matt Hardy stuff would be huge. Why? Because nerds on the nerdiest corners of the wrestling's internet forums liked it, because they have been brow-beat into liking shit just because it's not the bland vanilla they are being served up by WWE.

But they confuse dog shit with chocolate. All the time. "Broken" Matt fucking SUCKED. He was a weird-sounded goof with putting on a weird voice saying words over and over again playing with a drone. It was bush league as fuck and the only people who like that sort of thing are the only people who like that sort of thing. Wrestling nerds. Some of them are in the business, some of them are on the message boards, but NO ONE outside that cares.

Impact Wrestling SUCKS. It is awful. It has been that way for years, and it was that way when it was officially TNA, and the combined efforts of the brain trust over there literally -- fuck, not even decimated, that means destroying 1 in 10 -- they destroyed 9 in 10 of their fans. And it is awful now. Eddie Edwards and Sami Callihan had a fight to Final Cut Pro mood music. It's bush league. Hey, just like Broken Matt Hardy. That worked though, right? Wrong. They had about 300,000 viewers then, and all the people it appealed to never made a damn bit of difference. By the way, The Hardy Boyz return at WrestleMania 33 and that YouTube video has more hits in a hour than all of the Broken stuff ever got put together.

We live in a bubble. We get excited about stuff. It's cute. But it does not reflect reality. TNA is still fucking terrible. It's still burning out its audience and it still has no clue what it really wants to be, and the stuff it is sure about SUCKS. Eli Drake, Sami Callihan and Eddie Edwards, Moose, Don Callis on commentary (probably) -- it's awful. I saw one YouTube clip and it made me want to punch my computer it was that bad. And when people watch that on TV, they think "Oh, this is fucking awful. Isn't wrestling a waste of time," and they turn off their TV.

TL;DR: TNA is losing viewers because it continues to suck. Bad television turns people off.
You act as if this company is trying to beat WWE at something. Of course a video posted by WWE is going to get more views than Impact's. You're wrong when you say they don't know what they want to be, a year ago I would have agreed but they've found an identity this year. They've focused on being an alternative which is how it should have always been.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote