View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 02:17 AM   #48484
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
No individual wrestler with the possible exception of Stone Cold was truly necessary to the WWE during the Attitude era.

What does that even mean anyway, necessary? Necessary for what? Pat Patterson and Gerry Brisco drew stupidly high ratings for a gimmick match so I find it hard to believe any individual was indispensable at that time. Austin was the only wrestler of the Attitude era that could have caused a huge ratings drop by leaving for WCW.

Jeff Jarrett was never necessary. I just liked his shtick and usually enjoyed his matches and I'm surprised I forgot that.

It's wrestling books that did it, they trash Jarrett and I'm sure Gary Hart called his dad a gay sex offender or something.
I just mean that when you say “Vince was probably gutted to see a guy with that heat go,” I think the answer is “Nah, they basically low-balled him out.” If Vince wanted to keep Jarrett, he wouldn’t have left for WCW at that point.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote