View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 10:34 PM   #287
Curtis
Curtis

Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Either way, it comes down to "this thing not being for you".

You want to take it as a personal attack because of how it is framed, that is also on you. It isn't an uncommon navigation system at all.
The point isn't the content of the message but rather the way it was delivered and its intention. The way the message was delivered was not to point out that we have a different preference for navigation or quest systems in games, but to shift the blame to me, as if there is something wrong with me for not finding the navigation system intuitive. It was a very simple personal attack meant to belittle me.

You can say the same thing, but the way it is delivered and intended can have two completely different consequences. There's a courteous way to deliver a message and a nasty confrontational one and he chose the latter to make himself feel better for being able to belittle somebody else. All because of a game preference. Pathetic, hope it makes him feel "cool".

For example, if I spoke to somebody who said, "I think Trump is a bad president because he didn't take out Assad". I could say, "Well that's something wrong with you if you think that makes him a bad president". Alternatively, what I would do, is politely disagree and explain my position on why I do not feel this to be a valid case.

But whatever, basic internet tough guy bullying nonsense. I could understand that behavior for politics, because politics is a very serious topic, but over preferences in a video game? 1-800-come on now.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote