View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #381
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by road doggy dogg View Post
What about it didn't you like?
I left feeling very meh.

The story felt very small. I dont know how else to explain that statement. There wasnt an overall grandness to what was happening to me. I had all the nostalgic feels at first, but they went away as the movie progressed. There seemed to be no consequence at anything that happened, and really big shit did happen, but you didnt feel good or bad about it.

SPOILER: show
When the republic planets got blown up, you had no connection to them. For example in the new hope, you knew that alderan was leias home, and vader explained beforehand what the station could do before he did it then blew it up in front of her.

This time, you didnt even really know it was coming, and they did it to an entire system, but you didnt really care because you never even got the name of the planets they blew up. Noone was from there and noone cared.

I liked how they did the villain. He was young and struggling with his powers. Not some killing machine like Vader. The tantrums were actually a nice touch. But he seemed like a complete sociopath.

It was cool to see that he was Hans kid, but you saw it coming that he was going to kill Han. That whole scene was just duuuhhh. And the moment when he gave the sabre to Han like he was going to turn to the light, it felt like he was a sociopath playing with his food. He knew he was going to kill him and he did it that way to make it worse for Han. It looked like there was no inner struggle.

The main characters were done well and acted well, but I dont feel like I know them.

yes Fin was a stormtrooper taken and brainwashed as a youth, but he broke that programming pretty fast and pretty easy, and when he said what he was, he had no emotion to it and neither did the audience. It was like "this happened" "ok cool... moving on"

Same with Rey. no parents and mysterious past. got it.

WTF happened to Po? He just shows up in an xwing. I mean he has like a 2 second explaination.

Starkiller base was real cool, but
it was just there. They gave it almost no explaination and blew up a bunch of planets. It also went down the exact same way almost as the Death star.

The movie was almost the exact cut and paste plot as ep IV.
Reavant is offline   Reply With Quote