View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:06 AM   #13
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I appreciate the idea of starting this re-booking AFTER the Dome, because it's easy revisionist history to just say "save the title switch for PPV".

Also, I had only been watching wrestling for a few months when it happened - I always knew wrestling was fixed, my family told me as soon as I started watching it because they didn't want me to imitate when I saw TV - but I'll be damned if seeing Goldberg win that belt didn't have 9 year old me running around the room celebrating.

To that end, it's a tough thing for me to personally evaluate. Seeing guys like Eddie and Benoit getting pushed would've been of no interest to me at that age, and I legitimately hated Jericho (little did I know he was simply really good at his job). I loved Goldberg because he seemed larger than life. Any potential rebuild would have to keep Goldberg front and center and not turn it into a wank fest for the old guard.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote