View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #41847
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
I can kinda get what you're saying as I kinda feel the same way about Triple H.

For the longest time, I've always thought Triple H's views and actions towards NXT hasn't always been 100% genuine and has had other reasons behind what he and the WWE put out there.

I just can't help but think that if NXT was around from 2002-2005, Triple H would be nowhere near as invested as he is with NXT now. In fact, I think he would actually be against the idea all together and try to get that across to Vince via Stephanie.

I just find it weird that all the big indy names didn't make it to the WWE until Triple H had quietly retreated from the main event scene and full time wrestling.

It's kinda like he thought "I've had my fun and been the centre of attention for a good period of time, now I don't wrestle so much, so I can now get those good indy guys here and look forward to the praise I'll get from the fans and those guys on the internet."

Something like that anyway.

It's hard to put into words but hopefully you all understand what I'm getting at.
I know 100% what you mean, and I concur.

They've spent millions on this performance facility, and they run NXT at a deficit. In that time, which wrestlers has it produced? Charlotte? Bliss? Braun? I'll even give them Roman. But what about that list of talent is significantly better than the ones that would come out of OVW?

It feels like a vanity project to me. Functionality-wise, NXT has failed to create new stars. If it is supposed to function as developmental, I really think it's overrated. Tom Prichard in a warehouse would probably get better results.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote