View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #46
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchables View Post
exactly. the animated wonder woman film is fantastic. if they could replicate that even a little bit in a live-action setting, they would have a hell of a property on their hands. but they're so caught up in making their live-action world "gritty" and "realistic" that we'd never see it. but so many of their characters are otherworldly and powered in ways that just don't fit inside a "realistic" universe. marvel, meanwhile, have themselves a norse god and just went to town with it. i know a lot of people don't really rate the thor movie, but i actually think, as far as capturing a "comic book" feel without being overly schmucky about it, they did pretty damn well. and then he fit in really well with the rest of the avengers.

aquaman, especially since the launch of the new 52, is rife with potential for a truly kick-ass movie. the flash could be amazing, getting into the speed force and the black racer and even zoom. i dunno, they just seem to be missing the point of everything that could be great about their characters.

The Wonder Woman animated film is really good, way better than I thought it would be.

Aquaman has been given a big boost in the comics the last few years, he comes across as a legit bad ass, as does Mera.

When I was watching Flashpoint the other day (also a thumbs up) I was thinking about how it would be interesting if DC started their Justice League movie like that, in an alternate reality where the heroes were fighting, rather than the traditional, we meet, we bond, we fight team origin.

It would be a different take.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote