View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #1325
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Clothesline Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
Jason Jordan was only told about the “Kurt Angle’s son” angle last week, according to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. However, it appears that it may have been the plan all along, with rumors last month that a major angle was being set up involving American Alpha.
Quote:
Chris "Donovan" Dijak, who was one of a group of wrestlers that included Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, that WWE pulled contract offers from after legal threats from ROH back in January, is headed to WWE like the aforementioned pair.

Dijak said on the New Age Insiders podcast that he will be finishing up his independent bookings and has since listed that various shows over the next month will be his final events working with different promotions ...

After getting WWE offers, he opted not to sign a new ROH deal in February, and his career has been on hold since, waiting for WWE's time frame on offering him a deal.
PWI reports he will be heading to WWE's Performance Center next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Perhaps to protect herself before WWE grabs a hold of it or its just coincidence, Mae Young Classic competitor Shayna Bazler registered to trademark her "Queen of Spades" nickname.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In an interview with Complex.com, John Cena talked about why he is suddenly a free agent in WWE.

He said:

"The reason that I wanted to be a free agent and the reason they kind of granted my request is because I don’t know if I’ll be available for Smackdown specific only or Raw specific only, and I also know that my days are numbered. I just turned 40 in April and we have so many young and talented performers, I don’t know how many years I have left. So in the time I have left, I’m gonna do what I can to dedicate to this company I just want to be able to do it the most time that I possibly can."

He was also asked about whether he would stay on with WWE after he hung up the boots:

"If the day comes when I’m not involved with the WWE that would come as a drastic surprise to me. I would certainly understand it because we all have our career paths and nothing lasts forever but WWE has been my family for the past 15 years and I’ve been very vocal about my passion and love for not just my time in the ring as a wrestler, but the company itself, what it stands for, the people that work for. I literally would do whatever they asked me to. In whatever capacity I can help the company I would love to do so."
Link to the interview: http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/0...pray-interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwi
IWGP US Champion Kenny Omega and Jim Cornette seem to be having a war of words on Twitter yet again . After the legendary manager had twitter exchanges with fans discussing The Cleaner's recent exploits in New Japan Pro Wrestling, Jim then wrote the following:

So you're saying @KennyOmegamanX is such a weak, ineffective, pussy of a wrestler he physically can't make an 8 year old girl cry. #TRUTH https://t.co/ty7CLp5qQn
— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) July 20, 2017

Being tagged in this Omega had the following response to Cornette:

I like you, Jim, but if you want to bury me, please don't tag me in it. We just started the G1 and I can't have this polluting my TL. Thanks
— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) July 20, 2017

More of your idiot fans needed slapped down. You polluted my eyeballs w/your blowup doll match. BTW how's the lil' girl you couldn't beat? https://t.co/fNHj4jLEmx
— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) July 20, 2017
Link with more tweets: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-respected-as/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In a follow up to yesterday's story concerning Brock Lesnar and a possible UFC return, MMAFighting.com is reporting that Lesnar has not re-entered the USADA drug-testing pool according to UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky. Lesnar must send written notice to both the USADA and UFC announcing his intention to come out of retirement before the process can start to get him back into MMA. At that point, he will have to serve the remaining six months of his USADA suspension, which he was given after a positive drug test last year before his fight with Mark Hunt.

It should be noted that the USADA did not responded to the outlet for comment.
Link to the report: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/1...n-still-frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
In an update on Brock Lesnar not wanting to renew his WWE contract past WrestleMania 34 in April, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports Lesnar's WWE deal has a renewal option.

Lesnar's contract with WWE does end in April 2018 but it renews if neither side informs the other they are ending the agreement, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Brock has yet to say he's leaving and reportedly has not made a decision on his future at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Shane McMahon tweeted the following to all of the people who sent him best wishes after his emergency helicopter landing. He got a LOT of them, believe me.

I am humbled by the outpouring of love and good wishes. Feeling so blessed and grateful today.
— Shane McMahon (@shanemcmahon) July 20, 2017
Quote:
Today, WWE revealed Emma's bikini photo shoot. The WWE Star made news earlier this week after venting on not being used on TV, while it was also her five year anniversary with the company. You can check out her tweets below:
Link to the article: http://www.wwe.com/gallery/emma-biki...s#fid-40119773

Quote:
Former TNA World Champion Magnus is no longer with Global Force Wrestling, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The report states Magnus, whose real name is Nick Aldis, turned down GFW's latest contract offer. He reportedly worked the most-recent television tapings in Orlando, Florida under a handshake deal so the company could "protect the lineage of the GFW title," which he lost to Alberto El Patron.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that most of the new contracts GFW has signed with talent gives them ten percent of the independent date money the talent makes. In addition, it's reported talent doesn't get a cut of merchandise sold with their likeness if it's sold directly by GFW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
With so many tickets left on sale, they discounted Battleground’s least expensive tickets last week. The $125 seats have been cut to $75. The $75 tickets have been cut to $55 and the $55 tickets have been cut to $25. They are pushing you can get into see the show for just $25. Even with Cena, the Smackdown PPV shows are harder to sell tickets for than the Raw shows, and even though Philadelphia is an historically good wrestling market, the Wells Fargo Center would hold around 15,000 seats for a PPV making it larger than most venues they run in.
Currently on track to be the worst performing PPV for the new Brand Split Era.

Quote:
The situation with Taya and her losing her Reina de Reinas title is even weirder than it seemed last week. The story actually dates back to when Johnny Mundo was being brought to Mexico for a photo shoot with all three of his belts. They said they were doing shoots with all the belts and asked Mundo to bring Taya’s belt with him when he came in. Then when he was there, they said they needed to shoot more photos with the Reina de Reinas belt, so asked him to leave the belt there so they could do that. Then, when they had possession of the belt back, they announced that Taya had been stripped of the title because she used a choke when she won the title from Ayako Hamada (which was back on 4/21 in Tijuana in what has been called the company’s best match of the year) and that the title could only change hands via pin or submission. Yes, they tried to argue a choke wasn’t a submission as their storyline reason for stripping her of the title. Keep in mind it was two months after the match, and worse, the Taya-Hamada match was a no DQ street fight. The public got on Vampiro’s case since he’s the figurehead and he was the one who made the announcement, as when AAA made the announcement, they may not have even remembered it was a no DQ match. Vampiro tried to babyface himself on Facebook and try to quell things with Taya since the company looked bad. But then at the TV tapings over the weekend in Monterrey, Sexy Star returned, which nobody knew was happening and she left with very bad feelings toward AAA for walking about after being asked to lose a match and drop the mixed tag team titles she was part of ...

What makes that notable is that they also want Mundo to drop his titles which are the AAA Mega heavyweight, the cruiserweight and the Latin American heavyweight to Mascara de Bronce. Bronce had their version of a Money in the Bank briefcase, although he may not have it now since there was a winner gets the briefcase match on the 7/16 TV tapings where Mascara de Bronce lost to Kross. I don’t know how he’ll handle this but I can’t imagine he would be happy about any of this
Some new details regarding the situation between Johnny Mundo/Taya and AAA/Vampiro which likely played a big role in Mundo wanting out of Lucha Underground and AAA.

Quote:
There’s a really notable power play going on with CMLL telling ROH that as partners they shouldn’t allow their contracted talent work at The Crash because they consider it their territory. The ROH wrestlers who are under exclusive deals like the Young Bucks, Cody, Jay Lethal, Silas Young, the Briscoes and others, aren’t allowed to work anywhere in the U.S. except PWG, but they’ve been able to work outside the U.S. and Ontario. But the pressure by CMLL is to make that also include Mexico. Some are unhappy because CMLL isn’t giving them bookings but is costing them bookings and Crash pays foreigners better than CMLL
Quote:
Pete Dunne noted on Twitter that he’s looking for more bookings in September and October. There is still no word on the WWE doing the weekly U.K. show. As noted before, they had buildings booked starting in June for regular tapings and then pulled out. It’s pretty clear the entire U.K. division and signing the talent was to keep ITV from getting a foothold and the best young talent. Now they’ve got guys under contract who are actually quite good but they aren’t using them. They also spent a ton to bring Jim Ross back, and his major job was to host that show
Quote:
We believe WWE is being significantly underpaid in its current Raw / SmackDown deal,” BTIG analyst Brandon Ross wrote in the new report, which notes that the two shows generate a staggering 260 hours of original programming a year a big ratings for USA Network. Ross estimates that USA Network is presently paying $140 million a year for its WWE broadcast rights and speculates that a new deal with USA, Facebook or other potential tech suitors could fetch $400 million or more.
WWE is not going to get anything close to that for their next tv deal. For some reference, WWE wanted somewhere around $400-$800 million for their last tv deal. Link to the article: http://awfulannouncing.com/wwe/analy...-facebook.html

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote