View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:56 AM   #293
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Going through the results. Here are my thoughts. And, no, I don't need to have seen the show to give me thoughts on about how it makes me feel and whether it entices me to watch or not. Get fucked and don't read them if you don't want to. WWE has pushed me away, so it's up to them to get me back.

* So Bobby Lashley is going heel? It's...ugh. I get it, because Lashley is a brick shithouse and it's fucking insane seeing him sell for the likes of Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. In a perfect world, he'd have been pushed to his strengths and would actually get over because he wouldn't be working like everybody else. Given the restrictions they put on themsevles, this makes sense, but it just reminds me of their own restrictions.

* Kevin Owens has always had some sort of babyface potential, but I always felt like it should be a moment. Like when Batista turned. Owens should have gotten sick of Triple H not taking him for granted, or really picked a fight with a big dog. This soft turn like "oh, he's a babyface now" is just kind of there, and for fans that genuinely do follow, I don't know why they'd decide to just like this shithead because Lashley is an asshole now. I think this will just be a thing people accept and move on from, and I don't know how consequential it will be, which is a shame.

* Reading the review of Triple H and Shawn Michaels' promo, the word "respect" crops up to the point of ad nauseam.

* I still can't get into The Drifter gimmick for Elias. I thought he had real potential in NXT before the gimmick -- just the little things he does that a lot of people who are more polished can't get. I just feel like the gimmick is really mid-card but they want him to be a main eventer.

* So Nikki is going to be a heel. It'll be neat seeing Ronda sell for her.

* Alicia Fox has been with WWE for 12 years now.

* I love the Dean Malenko/Ciclope reveal for Angle on paper. I've been waiting for WWE to do an angle like that for ages. Not that keen on Angle getting back in the ring, which is a shame, because he's one of the best of all-time. That sweet Saudi money. I hope he can go, and that his leg being hurt was really the reason he was so clunky last year and earlier this.

* Glad they've got Trish back under roof. Nothing to really say about it though. Standard stuff that isn't going to matter when Trish isn't around.

* I have no clue how Konnor still has a fucking job with this company. He signed with them in 2005 and has never meant anything. He and his wife walked out on the company in 2007. He didn't work as Conor O'Brian; he didn't work as Konnor in The Ascension. He has never had a great match or cut a great promo. The Ascension were jokes as soon as they were on the main roster. That was almost 4 years ago. What the fuck does this guy have on Vince? To go along with the WCW levels of bad in the main eventers all being old guys, this is like Van Hammer being around for so long in WCW.

* I don't see the point in turning Ambrose. I really don't. The Shield are better as allies. As a heel, Ambrose is just going to be a smaller-framed guy putting chinlocks on bigger bad-asses they want to be superheroes. I just don't get it. Fans are just going to cheer him anyway, because he'll be somewhat more interesting personality-wise, because they allow heels to do that.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote