View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #302
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla View Post
I'm not sure if Owens actually started turning face last night, or if they just realized that they were in Chicago. He was definitely wrestling like a face, though.
It's sad what's happening with Owens. I mean outside him being hurt, which I don't know the details about. I liked him in NXT and his initial moments on the main roster with Cena. I'm not the dude's biggest fan or anything. I think he can talk and physically do stuff well, but his look, coupled with his size, does make it hard for me to consider him a legit bad-ass when he's doing things like jumping up to give a Stunner to Roman Reigns. He looks "cute" wrestling, which is not a compliment.

But it's clear in recent months where they've found value in the guy. He's Mick Foley to them, only without the same real emotional connection to crowds. He's there to get tossed around and make the other guy look really good. And that's an important job, but it's got this level of thanklessness to it when you see someone's oomph get diminished. Owens is...another guy. Not everybody can do what Mick Foley became a legend doing -- working with the top stars of the era and making both them and him look fantastic.

It seemed like they were going to write him off recently, but then remembered they need bodies, kept him around, and then it looked like they may have been going for a soft turn. It honestly reminds me very much of what went down with Bray Wyatt recently. They think they can do the same things forever and not have the guys effected. But Bray was effected, and eventually Owens was too.

When guys get hurt, I often say that the silver-lining is that this will give them a chance to freshen up. You know what though? That's actually not a good thing, haha. Guys shouldn't need to be put on the shelf in order to give them something fresh and make people care again.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote