View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 06:02 PM   #701
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't know where else to put this but the new She-Ra is alright. Doesn't really push any SJW malarkey other than certain aesthetics and character design. And everybody seems to be gay. Like, confirmed straight people seem to be rare. It's kinda funny how gay this world is. Probably why the population looks so sparse.

Adora's rival Catra is a standout villain. Adora herself hits all the tropes associated with being a chosen one, though still given a shocking amount of balancing traits. Not only is she not a Mary Sue, an episode pokes fun at her starting to think she is. Several episodes humble her, though that might be a case of 'Benching Superman' since given who her traditional brother is - she is still justifiably OP.

On the elephant in the room: A few references are made to Eternia, established as some other planet. And obviously Greyskull is in her morphing time chatch phrase. But no; specifics are not expanded upon on Eternia, Greyskull, or He-Man. In fact Adora is rebooted as
SPOILER: show
an avatar for the She-Ra power,
so she doesn't even need to be Adam's sister anymore.

The fabulous horse with the rainbow wings is back and I shit you not you will not believe in what way he will be used to satire, and who he satires. I legit laughed out loud. I'm not even sure he's actually satire, but I laughed.

As with a lot of content from female Progressive writers all the female characters kinda come off as socialite valley girls, but I'm not the target demo so eh. I'll live.

Decent show.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote