View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 09:39 PM   #3
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by the hills that are alive with the sound of music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I was kind of hoping the ending of aftermath combined with the "1" indicated that this would be about the very first mortal kombat tournament with the great Kung Lao. Given the long lived nature of some characters you could have returning fighters while expanding on that oft referenced but little known era from the lore.
This idea has always intrigued me. For starters, it'd be nice to once again get a game that's about the actual God damn Mortal Kombat tournament, like the original and part of the reboot title. Second, that's an area of the lore that hasn't really been fleshed out and could be ripe for the picking. Who else did the Great Kung Lao fight alongside? How was the meeting between Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn like? How far back does something like the Black Dragon go, if at all? What did the realms look like in those days? You're talking about a 500 year difference so there's plenty of room for exploration. The only drawbacks I can see coming from this idea is that certain popular characters like Scorpion can't be part of it. MAYBE a version of Sub-Zero with the explanation that it's some kind of ancestor, seeing as how the powers are supposed to be part of a lineage?

It's an interesting concept. I know the Conquest television show was sort of doing this, but it was done during a time when a lot of knowns from today were, well, unknown. Thus you got shit like Noob Saibot popping up from ooze or whatever the fuck.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote