View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #9314
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Devendra Banhart View Post
I was actually thinking about it. For me, "6/10" represents that the movie wasn't bad or even average. It was definitely good but not amazing...if that makes any sense.

Let me try to redo them

Aliens - 6/10 (An intriguing action film that I did not enjoy as much as the original)

Lethal Weapon - 4/10 (My expectations were quite low. I guess I conditioned myself to enjoy it in a bubble)

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - 5/10 (Typical Coen Brothers production. I would've enjoyed it a lot more if I wasn't already sick of Vishal Bharadwaj whose films have similar character presentation and plot progression)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
He is watching the movies like 20 years to late so it makes sense.

I don't think the release dates have much to do with it, these films all stand up very well aesthetically. Arguably Lethal Weapon looks dated in an obvious way and that's mostly due to the film being set within living memory where the mullet was in style and women wore absurdly formless, high waisted jeans.

I'm always surprised when I find someone who's sensibilities are so different to mine when it comes to films.
I tend to reserve ratings of 5 and under for films that annoy or anger me in some way. A rating of 5 or lower is just a varying degree of shit to me, so I find it hard to reconcile Dave's seemingly innocuous and inoffensive comments with his oddly low scores. Especially the Lethal Weapon one. If I find a film to be 4/10 I slag it right off before I mention anything it did right.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote