View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #4215
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Been feeling a huge diablo shaped void in my soul lately, so I decided to give Wolcen a try. Oof. So much potential, so little execution. The gameplay has all the right hooks and is fun....but the game is just too broken. For instance, gold is a fairly precious commodity and you don't get tons of it like you do in Diablo. And Endgame stuff costs a good bit of it, meaning get ready to grind...I played to the end game and had maybe 200k gold saved up, nowhere near enough for the stuff I had to pay for now. Then I found out I can just multiply item values by stacking/unstacking things. Made 661 million gold in about a minute.

You can clone your characters, dump the inventory of the clones into the shared stash, and boom, dupes.

Tons of nodes on the skill tree don't even work. They do nothing. Ended up making only 1 build truly viable for high level end game stuff. And the only reason that build worked is because all the nodes worked, but the developers apparently didn't think people would pick these nodes or something because they make you OP af, like broken levels of OP. So instead of fixing other nodes so maybe other builds could work.....they nerfed the good build to bring it in line with the broken ones lmao.

Oh and my character randomly started moonwalking uncontrollably until he was surrounded by clones of himself either praying or dancing in honor of him and then he flopped through the geometry and into the abyss.

It's a really beautiful game, and the gameplay is awesome when it works right, but they really needed to have about 6 months of testing/fixing the full version before they released it.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote