View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 12:52 PM   #33
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Punk was also in the ring with him at the time, why not go back at him then? He waited til he came back and thew a cheap shot knowing Page wasn't coming out. With AEW being this less scripted product I really don't see Punks problem with Hangman unless something else went down.
Probably timing issues on the show. The segment called for a Hangman Page promo, then it’s on to other matches and the like.

I don’t think the promo itself is what’s set Punk off. He may have been as confused as everyone else. It’s the backstage manipulations of Omega & The Bucks and their attempts to assassinate the character of Punk because they’re threatened by his influence.

That’s what Punk’s point in the media scrum about stepping on your own dick was about. You don’t take this babyface who is supposed to be drawing you money and try and tear down their reputation on the air. It’s just stupid pro-wrestling. Didn’t Eddie Kingston try a similar thing? Over time it wears on your that muppets are allowed to do that.

I get why someone wouldn’t want to work with Page on principle now. The guy seems like an idiot. He tried to big dog a bigger dog because he’s a mark for his position. Plus why would you want to work with a guy who has seemingly got very little respect for others and such bad instincts? Plus, you just plain can’t trust the guy.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote