View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 06:39 PM   #32
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Love physical media. As well as your DVD, CD's etc. I have some autographs books, still regularly buy posters and frame them too.

Lost a LOT of shit last year in the fire. Really small house so we stored most of our things in there. 10 years of our lives - gone.

Gotta rebuild. Dunno if I'll get a ton more or not, as I'd rather start forging again, first.
music is the one thing that feels right digitally. I can see wanting to spontaneously listen to a specific song or whatever. That feels right

And you def highlight the upside to physical media. It cant be damaged. I do question its permanence though...when they realize they can only sell you these things once i expect for them be a lot less "yours" very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Topical in my house right now as my wife is trying to convince me to get rid of a bunch of DVD/Blu Rays. She has a point though: decent chunk of my BR collection is MCU and Disney movies which are all now available on Disney+. Then there’s other stuff that is definitely on steaming somewhere. I’m reluctant to let it go though.
The D+ catalog is probably super safe. Despite Disney's stock in the last few weeks its safe long term. That app will probably out live us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsphere View Post
I have the entire Dragonball collection on Blu Ray, original, Z, Super, GT and the three latest movies, along with Four seasons of My Hero Academia, Dr Stone and few other box sets of shows I enjoyed like Dexter, True Blood and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

I started downplaying buying physical media due to not having enough space and nearly 400 Funko pops.
i own 2 pops. Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot. I bought them from DTTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
I am like 50/50 with video games. Just bought the Octopath 2 collector edition for instance. Books are 100% physical if we are counting those.

I quit purchasing movies. If it isn't on Netflix or Amazon Prime I will debate renting. There is to much content on those two services already that it is hard to justify making any purchases.
They're good services for sure. They're definitely what has spearheaded the rise of the pure digital consumer. But when the internet goes out its nice to be able to grab a good movie and sit down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
Yep. Sure do.

Purchase DVDs and CDs on the regular. Video games too but not so much since you'll hear about a game only going digital.

Problem is I'm driving farther and farther for "cool stuff" and having to resort online. Once upon a time I had a Gamestop, and f.y.e. in equal distance and either direction and 5-10 minute drive. It was great. Now, gotta drive 30 minutes.
I dont shop local anymore. Most of the local places have long since folded even if i wanted to but the big issues is the stock. I cant say for certain what the store will have but i can see Amazons inventory right now. Ebay too. Traditional retail cant compete with that at all.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote