View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 09:01 AM   #8
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post
From a storyline perspective, I don't think it's too unrealistic for two guys fighting to get into a pissing contest about who could cave the other into oblivion with their chops first. It's a machismo thing.

The crowd seems to always get into it, it's a reliably easy way to engage the crowd. But when I see it happening multiple times on the same shows it shows there's zero communication between any of the talent or agents. Spots like that really shouldn't be done more than once per night.
Once in a while instead of once per night could work better. The machismo thing only holds so much weight because you’re trying to win matches. Seeing that happen all the time distracts from that.

Also, fans love chanting What, so I don’t always base my judgement of what’s good on their approval, especially given AEW’s niche base.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote