View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 05:44 PM   #336
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
Kind of off topic for Seth real quick. Why are you okay with WWE releasing people in the pandemic but not ROH?
This is stupid. Was explained in the other thread. Slik caught what I was doing immediately. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of all the people here who screech every single time WWE releases someone (especially making a point of it being during the pandemic) and then not having that same reaction when another company literally releases everyone. Was also a great example of pointing out how around here it is "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as far as Vince is concerned; if he releases people, he's a monster but if he holds on to them when he has nothing for them then he is also a monster for hoarding talent that could be better utilized elsewhere. It's the perfect encapsulation of what Noid complains about; people not being consistent and just falling into the HuR dUr WwE bAd mold. There is also a difference between releasing a few dozen out of hundreds of talents and releasing every single one, for what that's worth. Also worth pointing out we hear about WWE making so much money when they do this; Sinclair has more money yet crickets.

When I found out Sinclair actually owns ROH that kind of annoyed me. But that's because I already have a deep dislike of Sinclair in general for cancelling excellent television shows and leaving me stuck on a cliff hanger forever. Business is still business though so if it was better for their bottom line then I can't really blame them because they have shareholders to placate, especially since they were recently added to the fortune 500 and have been spending out the ass to expand their sporting empire.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote