View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #54
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think to the casual or maybe a better term would be "trending" audience of Triple H's major run he's an absolute legend. I think in reality to any wrestling fan he should be considered a legend as well.

There are lots of wrestlers in history who've worked their way into power positions with companies. Monsoon, Bruiser Brody, Dusty, Cody, Gedo, Muta, Michael Hayes.... Sure it's not all the same story as Triple H, marrying the daughter of the boss. But HHH likely would have been on the same path regardless of Stephanie. He'd have still main evented Mania's and been a multiple time champion.

I think of him almost exclusively as a heel, I can't even remember any time he was a baby face that I "liked him". But as a heel he had a lot to offer. To the casual he was just a bad ass hor type character that dominated, to the internet fan he was a the ultimate snake in the grass conquering every battle in the booking room before it ever got to the ring!

Ton's of classic matches and programs, a plethora of them. Thinking of his series of matches with The Rock, Foley, Austin, Taker, Shawn, Angle, Danielson... some really classic stuff.

Then you have NXT which if you really take the time to think about it was amazing. I was in a regular work environment in my day to day once several years ago when I learned that like all of my co-workers were rabid NXT fans. They didn't care much for WWE at the time but LOVED NXT. So weird. This was around the era where Bailey and Sasha main evented the Barclays Takeover. There was a group of people in their late 20's early 30's that were total marks for NXT. It shocked me. They were just regular people, not ashamed of their love for NXT because they didn't really even know that much about wrestling and how bad it could be.

NXT was a real force in wrestling when it started and got really big really fast. Vince really fucked Triple H by not letting it continue and build a new audience for wrestling. Vince has elements of his product that are better sure, but Tripe H was taking wrestling to the next level and Vince really just shushed him.

It's fucked up. And now WWE will always be the same, when Vince is gone it will be an even worse version of Vince's vision, someone trying to book like him. Triple H would have taken it to the next level if he had taken the company.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote