View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 08:34 PM   #1912
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Probably not going to be a commentator for AEW at least for the first couple of years due to his current commitments with college sports and MLW.

I'd assume he's going to be their newsroom recap guy for shows until his other stuff is done. Could probably buy out his MLW deal if MLW is interested and the money is right.
That’s a good spot for Tony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Just want to put my two cents on Orange Cassidy.

I saw him at Lost In New York, I had never herd of him. He certainly made me laugh in a gimmick ladder match. But when you watch him you do have to shift your focus to "the fun bullshit" part of the show. And tbh that's not something I really care to see on AEW. It's fine when you are doing a rebel show like Spring Break but on a mainstream network to take the piss out of everything like that...

Now like I said I do enjoy Cassidy, so I'm curious to see what happens. When I hear Tony talk about AEW I like everything he's thinking and planning. It seems to me that the Bucks and Kenny have an obsession with that DDT style and are going to incorporate it. I guess we shall see how it goes. Still very excited for AEW.

But I guess my impression was that AEW was going to be sold as a sport. I hope they stick with that.
People like to mock when people take wrestling seriously (imagine being passionate about your pastime), but I seriously don’t understand the logic behind trying to present serious acts and angles at the same time as “exposing your business” (I hate that phrase, because the meaning often just gets ignored, but it fits).

Like, Shawn Spears hitting Cody with a chair was brilliant. He has great motivation too. He doesn’t want to just be a solid hand. He’s a main eventer (in his eyes) that has just never had the shot. So fuck Cody and over a decade of friendship, he’s going to take the advice of a legend who made some real money in wrestling. It’s immersive and has years of history. Then, in the most show conference, two of your EVPs talk about how the chair was gimmicked.

What is the point of trying to create this tension for a pay-off if the bosses are just going to try and snap you out of it? I actually don’t understand it. It’s like flipping the lights during an intense play.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote