View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #794
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Anyone else play much of MK8D so far? I've gotten the gold kart for beating all of 150cc and mirror. Working on beating the Time Trial staff ghosts, and they all seem fairly easier than I remember the ghosts ever being. I'm thinking they're intentionally tuned to be easy to beat and not meant to be a super tough measure of skill etc. Like if you compare the staff ghost to the online racer times, the racers online have like 10+ second leads on the staff time...

One thing I do like about the staff ghosts is they do tend to show you a lot of the shortcuts in the maps, which I'm also starting to think might be intentional. They typically start off with the first lap getting to 10 coins then in laps 2/3 they use one or two shortcuts in the map. If you follow along with them you can learn their route then easily beat them, but learning where those shortcuts are is kind of neat.

I've done about 1/3 of the courses now against the staff ghosts, will probably finish them tonight and unlock Gold Mario I guess
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote