View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #133
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLegend View Post
In the past month I've really got into Star Wars. I've to come to realization that I have love Obi-Wan Kenob, and he's not just my favorites Star Wars character, but one of my favorite characters in all of fiction. I'm going to have a stupid complaint about something involving Obi-Wan. The only reason this complaint even exists is because George Lucas didn't actually think Star Wars would become as big as it did. Like I said it's a really dumb complaint, but I have to talk about it.

I love Obi-Wan for the scarsam, clever wit, humor, and he's just generally awesome, and that is all there in episode 4.

So we see Obi-Wan in Episode 4 he's in an old man, and psyically weak. I get that Obi-Wan in episode 4 isn't about the physically power, but represents spiritual power, and wisdom. I get it. However Obi-Wan should have been as powerful or even more powerful then Count Dooku was in episode 2. Obi-Wan in episode 4 wasn't even as old as Dooku was in episode 2.

I'm such an Obi-Wan mark that I would accept any reason as to why he wasn't that powerful. Except for The official reason which he just didn't train with a Lightsaber for 19 years. WTF is that? Obi-Wan Kenobi is defintely going to train with a Lightsaber within a 19 year span. I just want a better reason then that. I would accept that he took a vow to not train with a light saber or any other rigorous training until he started training Luke. I would be ok with that. That to me is a good enough reason. I don't need much in the reason department I just something better then what I have.

Is there a story about those lost 19 years? I know there is stuff about is training with Qui-Gon. I know there is some story where he goes undercover. Is there any EU stuff that gives me a better reason for the way he is in episode 4? I for the most part just read characters wikpedia or wookiepedia which is what Star Wars wikpedia is called.

Again just by reading Star Wars thing wookiepedia and watching video games on youtube it seems like Darth Vader gets his ass kicked a lot in the EU? Am I wrong to think that? I kind of feel like Darth Vader gets the shaft in the EU. He seems like he really isn't that powerful and it hurts what Luke accomplished in Return of The Jedi... Makes it seem like defeating Vader isn't that big of a deal.
I also hate that Vader gets beaten up quite a bit in EU. As for Obi Wan and the 19 years thing I have no idea. Maybe he just didn't want to risk being seen using a lightsaber so he didn't take any chances?

There was actually a book called Kenobi released in 2013, and it details Obi Wan's life from episode 3 to 4, so I would check that out. Might find your answers there.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote