View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 02:25 AM   #252
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Extra Late, Late Night Edition

Dirtsheets sponsored by Suplex Appreciation Night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Following on the heels of a successful Raw rating, Tuesday's SmackDown had its best ratings since the July 18th live draft special. Tuesday's show was watched by 2,835,000 viewers, up 4% from last week's total ...

Since the July 25th show -- the first without RAW talent -- SmackDown has averaged 2,650,000 viewers, well up from the 2.1-2.2 million viewers the show had been doing when airing taped shows on Thursday nights.
Quote:
#PWI500 Top 10:
1 Reigns
2 Okada
3 Balor
4 Styles
5 Lethal
6 Owens
7 Nakamura
8 Rollins
9 Ambrose
10 Cena
For some clarification, PWI's Top lists always weighs championships and star status heavily as a factor. Reigns being WWE's top star since the last list and WWE title being the top belt overall were the reasons why he took #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obseerver
On WWE's weekly SportsCenter segment with Jonathan Coachman, Daniel Bryan again addressed his heated exchange with The Miz from last week's Talking Smack.

The confrontation between the two generated significant buzz online with many questioning how much of it was scripted. And in response to Coachman, Bryan finally answered the question.

“Very little, so I just knew that Miz was going to come up, we were just going to banter back and forth. But Miz and I have known each other for a long time, and we really know how to get like at each other’s nerves. I brought up the idea that he wrestled like a coward, and he knows I don’t like the way he wrestles, right? I just don’t like it; it’s not my thing. And I called him out on that. And then he called me out on something that’s very personal to me.”

Bryan said Miz knows he’s constantly having feelings of wanting to get back into the ring because he loves wrestling so much. But, Bryan says he knows it’s not a smart idea and his wife keeps him in check. Bryan reiterated his words from this week's edition of Talking Smack, saying he sometimes thinks Miz is right and he thinks of himself as a coward for not returning to wrestling.

Bryan noted that part of him wanted to punch Miz in the face during the segment, but he figured it wasn’t such a smart idea on live TV.
Quote:
The WWE will be doing fund raising al month for pediatric cancer research. They will be selling bracelets and bandanas starting on Monday and through the end of the month with 100 percent of net proceeds benefiting Connor's Cure.
Quote:
The WWE Network will be adding an Eddy Guerrero collection called "Eddie Guerrero: Viva La Raza."
Quote:
ESPN’s Amin Elhassan drew the ire of Twitter’s wrestling community today after tweeting “Until someone told him it was scripted,” in response to a video of Kevin Owens’ son reacting to his father’s Universal title win. Elhassan went on to engage with wrestling fans throughout the day. ESPN’s Michelle Beadle and Jonathan Coachman have responded to his comments.
Didn't help he also made fun of Owens kid for having Autism which made the whole situation even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Cody Rhodes has called upon WWE to cut bait with relationships the company has cultivated in recent years with TMZ and ESPN over transgressions against those related to WWE.

Taking to Twitter, Rhodes wrote the following:

WWE

Cut ties w/TMZ-they ran my Mother's 911 call

Cut ties w/ESPN-they insulted a child

Have balls. "'Mainstream" ain't always worth it.
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) August 31, 2016

In regard to the TMZ comment, the website ran audio of the 911 call made when Dusty Rhodes, Cody's father, fell ill before being hospitalized and passing away last year.

The ESPN reference is in regard to a comment made by the cable network's Amin Elhassin, responding to a video of Kevin Owen's eight year old son reacting excitedly to his father's WWE Universal title win by writing, "Until someone told him it was scripted." The Tweet set off a firestorm of responses over the last 24 hours from fans of the business, many of whom Elhassin has responded to with insults. WWE has been providing ESPN with talent every Wednesday for Sportscenter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTorch
WWE is looking to sign more Cruiserweight wrestlers in anticipation of the Cruiserweight division starting up on the September 19 Raw episode after the Cruiserweight tournament concludes on Sept. 14.

Notably, PWTorch has learned that T.J. Perkins has signed with WWE ...

PWTorch has also learned that Noam Dar has signed, confirming his inclusion in the division after being highlighted on the August 22 Raw episode.

Another big name on WWE’s radar is Akira Tozawa, who is a potential signee ...

Top Cruiserweight Tournament Players’s Status

Kota Ibushi – signed
T.J. Perkins – signed
Gran Metalik – signed
Cedric Alexander – signed
Lince Dorado – signed
Tajiri – signed
Noam Dar – signed
Johnny Gargano (on NXT roster)
Tommaso Ciampa (on NXT roster)
Rich Swann (on NXT roster)
Akira Tozawa – ongoing negotiations
Zack Sabre, Jr. – ongoing negotiations
Brian Kendrick – status unconfirmed; highlighted on 8/22 Raw
Quote:
Reeves claimed that deciding not to re-sign with the world's largest professional wrestling promotion was about creative and WWE limiting his opportunities to go his brand. Apparently, he and Triple H got heated during the course of their contract negotiations.

"Me and Hunter had many conversations in that last year and they were quite heated at times. And I would tell him, 'it's not about the money' and he goes, 'it sounds like it's completely about the money'. No, and he finally understood when we were finally done our last talk. It was about creative and it was about limiting me as a brand because I am responsible for my brand, the Ryback brand, the Feed Me More brand, that I believe so strongly in. And when I'm told that I have to go out there and lose in two minutes or not have any buildup for a pay-per-view match, which happened time and time again, when I'm not given opportunities to do promos and be myself, that's what truly bothers me."

Reeves added, "I think the wrestling business has been a certain way for so long, that just because they did some things a certain way, and people have gone with it for so long, that doesn't make it right. And I think it's time to start taking a look at things because the performers are the core of the brand. The WWE does not exist without the wrestlers and wrestlers still exist without the WWE. But the WWE is not where it is without its core, and that is the wrestlers."
Link of the interview: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...with-triple-h/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
As previously reported, Billy Corgan is the man in charge of TNA now, and Dixie Carter is on her way out. The way that Corgan took charge, with Carter being named “Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer,” is being done so that she can save face on her way out. She did not stay for the entire tapings, and the word is that she only cares about exiting without getting egg on her face.

Corgan still faces the same issues going forward, he is running a company that doesn’t create enough revenue to cover payroll and TV production, which is why he and Aroluxe had to invest in TNA in the first place. The company has also shown an inability to create profit off both live events and PPV for years.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote