View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #31
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I don't get why Walugi isn't playable now.

As far as I'm aware, the "official reason" is Sakurai doesn't think the support for him is genuine. So, because he's a meme?

Ridley being "too big" was a meme and Daisy support was a meme. A smaller meme but it was there with a bunch of people spamming comments and stuff on Nintendo things with "Daisy 4 Smash" etc. They both got in. Ridley's reveal even referenced the meme.

I think it's just an excuse. Either he's not popular among the dev team (or with Miyamoto) or there is some internal rule about not using him outside of sport spinoffs.

He's got a bigger fanbase than Daisy, meme or not, he's got more move and gameplay potential than Daisy and he's definitely more relevant than Daisy.

It's great Daisy and Ridley are in I'm just hugely disappointed Waluigi isn't in as a playable character. It seems so obvious to add him.
Nintendo pretty much still views him as nothing more than just a joke character and have debunked or ignored anything that could make him unique over the years (ex. Wario's bro idea).

The most character development he's gotten in years was the running gag around the net of Nintendo saying he was uncircumcised.

Still feel very confident they put him in the next game since he's pretty much the most demanded character left for Smash. Could probably make a case for Geno being higher and Shovel Knight likely being playable before Waluigi.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote