View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 10:06 PM   #2204
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Instant Regrets in Wrestling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After making her Raw commentary debut last month, Renee Young again filled in for Jonathan Coachman and called this week’s show with Michael Cole and Corey Graves. Coachman had obligations with his job as the host of The World Long Drive Association on the Golf Channel. Young wrote about doing commentary for the show: “I got to call Raw again and the Undertaker showed up!!! To call out Shawn Michaels!!! What is this life?! Thanks for letting me sit at the cool table @michaelcole and @wwegraves”
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnT2wVkn...=reneeyoungwwe

Quote:
Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon (part three) and Ted DiBiase collections will be added to the WWE Network next month.
Link: https://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/...eud-revisited/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/PWI/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
PWInsider reported that Joey Mercury was arrested on Saturday morning after police were notified that he was sleeping in his car outside The Marriott in Schaumburg, Illinois. Mercury has no pending charges in Illinois, but police found an outstanding warrant from Florida and he was taken into custody. He’s being held on $2,500 bail ahead of a court day tomorrow. What the warrant was for isn’t yet known. Mercury works for ROH as a trainer and producer and was in Chicago to work backstage at All In.

In an article where they interviewed Pro Wrestling Tees owner Ryan Barkan, Sports Illustrated reported that Pro Wrestling Tees in Chicago generated almost $500,000 during All In weekend (Thursday to Sunday) and sold over 20,000 products.

Saturday’s episode of World of Sport averaged 400,000 viewers on ITV, a big decline from last week’s 700,000. The show shifted to a new time slot this week and started a half hour earlier.

Game Changer Wrestling announced that they’ll be holding a show in Los Angeles on November 16. That’s the Friday of Survivor Series weekend in LA.

The NWA had three different cameramen documenting the Cody vs. Aldis title change, which was the most emotional thing on the show, and their footage will be featured on their YouTube series going forward. One would think Cody will soon he showing up doing dates for the NWA going forward.

PROGRESS Wrestling has announced that Matt Riddle will be facing Mark Haskins on September 30th at the SSE Arena, Wembley in London. Following Riddle’s appearance at NXT TakeOver last month in Brooklyn, it was announced he would wrestle one final independent show for PROGRESS, which does have a relationship with the WWE. The card will be headlined by WALTER taking on Tyler Bate for the PROGRESS championship.
PWTees: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/09...-weekend-sales , WOS: https://twitter.com/the_watw/status/1036535560364609536 , GCW: https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/sta...55424876982273

Quote:
Kurt Angle answered a question on Facebook about what he feels his best accomplishment in WWE has been: “Proving to everyone that a ‘shooter’ or ‘real wrestler’ could be the best entertainer of his era. I was very proud of what I was able to accomplish, whether I was loved or hated.”
Link: https://www.facebook.com/realkurtang...22R%2399%22%7D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Batista hasn't wrestled since leaving WWE after a short five-month run in 2014. While Batista has expressed interest in returning to WWE, he has been concentrating on his movie career, where he had great success with his role as Drax the Destroyer in the Guardians of the Galaxy / Avenger series.

During a recent interview with talkSport, Batista discussed how his movie career would not have happened if he didn't leave WWE in 2010.

"It came about out of spite," Batista said of his transition from pro wrestling to acting. "First it came from me discovering I was a horrible actor. I wanted to become a better actor and I wanted to do it while I was still with WWE. They would not give me the opportunity within the company. I said that I should be given the opportunity to do it outside of the company, and they said 'absolutely not.' I said, 'Well, I'm going to let my contract run out, and I'm gonna leave.' So that's exactly what I did and I set out to be an actor."
Link: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...t-wwe-in-2010/

Quote:
In his last run with WWE in 2013-2014, Batista wasn't thrilled with how things went creatively. If he did come back again, he would make sure he had more say with his stories and his opponents.

"I think, one, it would have to be the right time, and two, it would have to be the right opponent. That's pretty much it, and it would have to make sense," Batista said. "Yeah, I think the last time I went back was with really good intentions and I felt like I wasn't delivered what I was promised and that was just creatively. So, that would be it, I'd have to have a strong say of what I did and who I worked with. It would have to make sense as far as time, not only do I have to be free, but I also have to factor in there is a risk that I would be injured. If I got injured I would need some time to rehabilitate myself, so I always kind of factor those things in."
From another interview Batista had this time with WhatCulture Wrestling: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...return-to-wwe/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
I know that Many people think that Vince McMahon will never retire. However with Triple H having more power now than anyone else has had since Vince took over from his father do you think that Vince could step aside sooner than we think?

In a word? No. WWE is his baby and his creation. Now, could he spend some of his time with another venture, like the XFL? Sure, but WWE is his domain and I don’t ever see him totally handing over the reins to anyone else.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As I discussed in my 90 minute breakdown of the "All In" PPV earlier today in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, the show came dangerously close to going off the air without a finish. After The Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr. segment went nearly 15 minutes over its scheduled time (including the entrances and post-match angle with Chris Jericho attacking) and Marty Scurll vs. Kazuchika Okada bout went 12 minutes longer than planned, backstage there was a lot of scrambling. Plans to have separate entrances for everyone in the six man tag were scrapped and turned into one entrance for each team. They cut half of the match out in order to fit the limited time they had (18 minutes including entrances) and the production team was able to negotiate more time for the satellite feed, which had to go off the air on time due to the fact it was being aired on cable and satellite PPV as well as Internet streaming. They were able to get one additional minute and as it turned out, they needed it as the three count took place with 20 seconds of airtime left. Had the Bucks not been completely on point with going to the finish with perfect timing, it would have been an absolutely disaster. Instead, it was a home run.

During Scurll vs. Okada, production was losing their mind trying to get their attention to get them to go home. We were told during the show it was painfully obvious they were sending signals to Scurll and Okada.

Chris Jericho was snuck into the building during Nick Aldis vs. Cody and as soon as his segment was over, he was rushed to a private plane in order to make his concert in Kansas later that evening.

The show was far and away the most successful pro wrestling iPPV event ever carried by FITE.tv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The WWE has announced a second season of the Mixed Match Challenge to air on Facebook Watch. The series will return Tuesday, September 18th, and air each Tuesday night with a pre-show at 9:50 pm and then begin at 10 pm Eastern following SmackDown Live. The following teams have been announced for the upcoming season:
*The Miz & Asuka (the winners of the first season)
*AJ Styles & Charlotte Flair
*Finn Balor & Bayley
*Bobby Lashley & Sasha Banks
*Alexa Bliss & Braun Strowman
*Kevin Owens & Natalya
*Lana & Rusev
*Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox
*R-Truth & Carmella
*Jimmy Uso & Naomi

The second season will consist of 14 episodes that will feature two matches per week. The finals will take place at the TLC event on Sunday, December 16th. In addition, the series will be available on Facebook Watch outside of the U.S. for the first time viewers in Australia, Mexico, Indonesia, Brazil, France, Germany, the Philippines, Spain, Vietnam, and Thailand able to watch it live.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKokI6vdFGU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The NWA came out of the weekend with more interest than it has had in decades and their next major event is their 70th-anniversary card. The show will take place from Nashville, Tennessee on Sunday, October 21st and will be airing on FITE TV. David Lagana was a guest on the Voices of Wrestling network on Sunday, reiterating that the NWA will bring back the National title and will have a video series to accompany that championship as well. Lagana added that the match between Aldis and Cody was the first chapter and there would be a rematch down the road, while also noting that Cody will be a free agent at the end of 2018.
Quote:
The indie wrestler who played Jimmy James for the squash loss to The Authors of Pain on last night's RAW was James Alexander, who also appeared on WWE 205 Live earlier this year. No word yet on who played Keith Thompson.
Quote:
The WWE Network has added even more episodes of All-Star Wrestling to the Vault section. WWE announced the following blurb for the addition:

Quote:
Just added to WWE Network: 66 episodes of All Star Wrestling

This month, exclusively on WWE Network, enjoy 50 new hours of one of WWE's very first weekly televised series, All Star Wrestling. Harken back to the famed Hamburg Fieldhouse in the early 80s and witness the origins of WWE Hall of Famers like Pedro Morales, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan and many more. All Star Wrestling dominated the airwaves for 15 years and was at the forefront of expanding the exposure of WWE across America.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • RAW's ratings are delayed till tomorrow due to Monday being Labor Day holiday.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Xavier Woods celebrated his 32nd birthday today.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know", last Sunday was the 16th anniversary of Eric Bischoff awarding the World Heavyweight belt to Triple H as RAW's first top champion during the 1st brand split era.
  • PWI had a recent article discussing why its time for ROH to hold their own Hall of Fame and who should be in the inaugural class. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...ucted.html?p=1

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote