View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #2236
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Seth Rollins Waluigi Laugh Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After signing with WWE, Mia Yim is scheduled to make her NXT house show debut this weekend.

WWE announced today that Yim will be wrestling at this Saturday's NXT show in Fort Pierce, Florida. Further details about the match Yim will be debuting in haven't been revealed.
Link: https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1045372627978788866

Quote:
Ahead of their match at Super Show-Down, WWE Network has added an Undertaker vs. Triple H collection.
Link: https://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/...n-wwe-network/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE Network added several new Hidden Gems this morning, all featuring rare encounters between Triple H versus The Undertaker before the advertised final time at "WWE Super-Showdown" on Saturday 10/6 in Melbourne, Australia:

WWE 05/12/1996 – The Kuwait Cup

The very first in-ring battle between Hunter Hearst Helmsley and The Undertaker happens overseas in the Semi-Finals of the 1996 Kuwait Cup.

Shotgun Saturday Night 02/08/1997 – An Escalator Ride to Remember

In this memorable bout from Shotgun Saturday Night, Hunter Hearst Helmsley goes one-on-one with The Undertaker at Penn Station in NYC.

Friday Night’s Main Event 09/05/1997 – Friday Night Fight

On a special edition of Friday Night’s Main Event, Hunter Hearst Helmsley journeys to the dark side to battle The Undertaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/Post Wrestling
Cody Rhodes vs. Will Ospreay will be the main event of Fight Forever Wrestling’s debut show that is taking place in Birmingham, England on December 6.

Nicole Matthews on Twitter regarding being banned from entering the United States following visa issues: “Timing, eh? I’ll be fine, everyone. That’s all I’m going to say about the elephant in the room.”

Joey Ryan will face Richard Holliday at MLW’s TV tapings in Queens, New York on October 4.

WrestleCon announced that Revolution Pro Wrestling will again be holding a show as part of WrestleMania week next year. It will take place in New York City at 4 p.m Eastern time on Friday, April 5.

On the same night as Cody Rhodes makes his first title defense, former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis will also be in action. Ring of Honor has announced that Aldis will be wrestling at their post-Death Before Dishonor television tapings at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada this Saturday. Aldis is set to face Christopher Daniels.

Game Changer Wrestling has announced that Joey Janela’s Spring Break III will take place Friday, April 5th at 8 pm Eastern with no location announced yet. GCW is running shows at the White Eagle Hall but is not listing Spring Break for that venue. The interesting decision is that Spring Break will not be a Midnight show as it’s been presented in years past.

Game Changer has also announced that IWS Hardcore will be part of their collection of shows running at the White Eagle Hall over WrestleMania Weekend. IWS will host their event on Saturday, April 6th at 4 pm and I’d imagine would want their show wrapped up with plenty of time to spare for fans wanting to attend either TakeOver or Ring of Honor at Madison Square Garden.
FFW: https://twitter.com/fightforeveruk/s...51011647463428 , Matthews: https://twitter.com/nmatthewsninja/s...60919746830337 , MLW: https://mlw.com/2018/09/27/joey-ryan...ion-tv-taping/ , WrestleCon: https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/statu...27963880247302 , ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ch...dis-face-vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 2019 WWE Royal Rumble, set for Sunday 1/27 at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona will officially go on sale on 10/12. There will be an online pre-sale that week as well. Daniel Bryan threw out the first pitch at the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. LA Dodgers baseball game last night at the stadium to promote the on sale and spoke with FOX Sports Arizona
Link: https://youtu.be/CEbLMAVBBU0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
I asked last week about gulak being in the shield beat down, related to drake maverick being aop manager, and you said dont look too far into it. Now this week lio rush is paired with lashley. Are they just phasing 205 guys into management roles?

We are told it's just that the talents are being tapped for roles on Raw. It will be interesting to see whether it has any greater effect on 205 Live overall, but we haven't heard that this is step one in phasing out that brand or anything that would be considered a negative.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor will present their 2018 Death Before Dishonor PPV event at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas tomorrow, Friday 9/28. Scheduled for the event:
*CHAOS - Kazuchika Okada & Trent Baretta & Tomohiro Ishii & Rocky Romero & Chucky T vs. BULLET CLUB - The Young Bucks & Cody & Marty Scurll and Adam "Hangman" Page.
*ROH Champion Jay Lethal vs. Will Ospreay.
*ROH TV Champion Punishment Martinez vs. Chris Sabin.
*ROH Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. The Addiction.
*Bully Ray & Silas Young vs. Colt Cabana & Flip Gordon in a Tables Match
*Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai vs. Tenille Dashwood.
*Jushin Liger vs. Kenny King.
*EVIL, SANADA and KUSHIDA in action.
Quote:
Scarlett Bordeaux’s AAA television debut did WWE Raw YouTube top angle level numbers. At press time the video had topped 2.2 million views. There is interest in using her more
Quote:
Bein Sports, which carries MLW on both its English and now Spanish language stations, has reached a new deal with both the Dish Network and Sling TV, but is still off both DirecTV and Comcast
Quote:
Arquette is doing a lot of indie stuff for different groups like NEW, and he’s working the 10/6 Border City Wrestling anniversary show in Windsor. Some of it seems to be working with RJ City and helping him build his name. He did a FOX News interview and said his return to wrestling was fueled by a tweet from Bully Ray, who said about the change of IHOP to IHOB, that it was the worst idea since making David Arquette world champion. So Arquette saw that tweet and wanted to get back into wrestling and prove to be a real wrestler to I guess shut people up ...

Second, I don’t know of anyone mad at Arquette, that was a corporate decision. Everyone viewed Arquette as a person positively, and he donated all his WCW money to wives of wrestlers who had died young. If he’s having fun wrestling and people enjoy seeing him, more power to him ... Arquette said that although Rock has changed this somewhat, there is ignorance in Hollywood regarding wrestling. He also felt that he had become bullied in social media over being the joke of a world champion. He said he’s been training like crazy to be a wrestler. He also noted that he’s never taken any money for wrestling. Andy Kaufman was the same way. Kaufman never cashed any of those Jarrett checks during his program with Jerry Lawler. He said he’s already taken a knee to the face and broken three ribs
Quote:
Cody did an NWA/Lagana video from his appearance at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and they brought up his being a free agent on 1/1. Obviously he didn’t say anything definitive at this point past he said he’s making a decision based on his gut, and said the choices would be stay with ROH, pointing out how much fun he had in 2018, going to WWE, touring as NWA champion and trying to take Jack Brisco photos or going full-time with New Japan
Quote:
Regarding rumors of Michaels working more than just the tag match in Saudi Arabia, the best we can get is that there are people who feel Michaels may do more than one match but that nobody on the inside can confirm anything other than the Saudi Arabia match at this point
Quote:
In a story that also has repercussions when it comes to pro wrestling, the National Labor Relations Board dismissed the claims by Leslie Smith that UFC fighters should be reclassified as employees rather than independent contractors.
Quote:
Former NXT North American Champion Adam Cole was a guest on a recent episode of Edge and Christian’s podcast, E & C’s Pod of Awesomeness. Cole revealed during the interview that due to his size, people often think he works in WWE’s office when tells them where he works:

"Because of me and my size I often get asked if I work in the office. I’ll get asked that. Uh huh. Oh my God, every time… it’s unbelievable! Right. The people who are the worst are the TSA agents, so when I traveled with the NXT North American Championship, that often times is when I would get the… they would take the championship out, and look at it, and say, ‘what’s this?’ I’d say, ‘oh, it’s a championship belt.’ And they’d say, ‘for what?’ And I’d say, ‘for wrestling.’ And they would look at the belt, look at me, look back at the belt with just the most interesting look on their faces. Like, ‘guy, I’m right here! I’m right here, man.’ There is nothing that makes me more falsely arrogant, like, wanting to defend myself, than a TSA agent. Like, automatically, I’m like, ‘I may be small, but I’m really good. Like, that championship says it right there.'”
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Wednesday's episode of WWE's Total Divas drew 390,000 viewers on the E! network. This is down 14% from last week's episode, which drew 454,000 viewers for the lowest Total Divas premiere viewership in show history. This week's number is the lowest Total Divas viewership in show history, going back to last week. The second episode of the 6th season drew 461,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
After 15 years in the wrestling business and stops in various promotions, Marty "The Moth" Martinez finally claimed his first major world championship. He won the Lucha Underground Championship after cashing in his Gift of the Gods title and defeating Pentagon Dark.

Marty talked with Wrestling Inc. President Raj Giri about that title win and what we can expect out of Lucha Underground going forward ...

Lucha Underground is currently in its fourth season and Marty responded to talk he's heard of a fifth season.

"I have heard rumors [taping would start] before the end of this year or the beginning of next year, but nothing official," Marty said.
Link: https://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...ing-the-lucha/

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote