View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #457
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
8th Move Pack Mod is out today, but it looks like it will be the last one for a while.

Quote:
I was originally planning to do this with the release of Pack 8, but I feel like that would diminish some of the enjoyment of it, and the team worked hard on it, so I'm going to post this a few hours before so it has time to process and then we can all enjoy Pack 8 properly.

I've been asked by Spike to discontinue move pack releases until they are finished with their own move updates. They also work hard on creating moves, with less people and a larger amount of scrutiny, and Director Matsumoto really likes showing them off, and so we're stealing a bit of their thunder so to speak. Move Pack 8 will be the final move pack release and will contain close to 50 new moves (it could be over 50, some creators haven't sent all their moves to me yet...), and then we'll be calling it quits. We'll still be making moves, so you may see something on a move team member's stream that isn't in the game, and we WILL get you those moves...it just won't be for a while.

If you enjoyed the work of the team, and see them around, tell them thanks (I'm using their discord or commonly known names here...forum names may vary):

TheAceThatRunsThePlace
DakotaK
Dawnbreaker/ControlFrenzy/HeroicEMU
Maikeru
Ninjabrute
Professor Voodoo
Rey
Rumbata
Soak
View619
Will/AWildWillAppears/Will Craddok
Black Omen
Phil Parent
Phoenix Nitro
TigerSword
Zin5ki
Carlzilla

In the interest of sanity, we'd appreciate it if you didn't keep requesting moves in the Move Suggestion thread, because by the time we're able to release again, there could be hundreds upon hundreds of requests...and going through that would be a nightmare.

It's a double edged sword when I say I hope we'll be able to start making moves again soon, because that means that Spike will have stopped updating the game, so while I hope that's true on some levels, I also hope that Spike works on the game for a while as well.

Thanks again everyone, it's been a fun ride!
My hope is that their own lack of updates is precisely why Spike allowed it to go on as long as it did, and putting the kibosh on it now is a sign they're getting ready to drop the UI update with their own new moves included.

Either way, the new pack is truly epic. Lots of great stuff in there.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote