View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #812
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE Champion Phil "CM Punk" Brooks filed a lawsuit against ROH star Scott "Colt Cabana" Colton on 6/18 in the Circuit Court of Cook County in Illinois, PWInsider.com can exclusively report.

The counter-suit, seeking $600,000 from Colton, was filed as part of Brooks' response to Colton's second, amended lawsuit against the former WWE and ROH Champion. Colton filed a lawsuit in August 2018 against Brooks in the Circuit Court of Cook County in Illinois, alleging unpaid legal fees and a breach of contract from Brooks stemming from the lawsuit that WWE physician Doctor Chris Amann filed against each of them in the fallout of Brooks' November 2014 appearance on Colton's Art of Wrestling podcast ...

In his counter-suit, Brooks stated that he spent over $1.2 million on legal bills over the two-year period where The Loeb Firm defended himself and Colton against Dr. Chris Amann's allegations. The Amann case went to court with the jury ruling unanimously in Colton and Brooks' favor. Amann received zero damages.

Brooks' counter-suit alleges Colton did not contribute anything towards their "attorney's fees and expenses incurred" in the Amann legal battle and that Colton "refused to contribute monies" towards the case, noting, "Colton's unjust retention of the benefits of receiving a high-quality, professional legal defense through the Loeb Firm paid for solely by Brooks without any reimbursement of Brooks violated fundamental principles of justice, equality, and good conscience."

Brooks lawsuit noted that Colton makes money from his Art of Wrestling series through advertisements and sponsors, YouTube impressions and through the sale of merchandise Colton promotes on the podcast. It notes that within five days of the November 2014 CM Punk episode, that episode was streamed or downloaded 1.5 million times, the largest audience ever for that podcast series. Within a week, that number was up to three million. The implication is that despite the episode being the most financially successful podcast episode ever for Colton, he did not offer any money towards their legal defense ...

Brooks is alleging that Colton breached his contract with Brooks by not reimbursing him, noting that he “conferred a benefit” on Colton by funding their legal defense against Dr. Chris Amann. Brooks noted in the lawsuit that he has paid $1,210,000 while Colton has paid zero. As noted, Brooks is seeking $600,000 “for general damages” as well as interest on such damages “as allowed by law”; costs of suit incurred and additional further relief that the court deems just and proper. Colton’s side must respond by 7/3 to Brooks’ lawsuit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Guide Live asked Becky Lynch about Seth Rollins’ recent tweets and if their in-ring styles have started to rub off on one another: "No, to be honest with you, neither. None in either way. I've seen what he's been doing. That's completely him. He rightfully exposes the fact that we are the premiere wrestling show. We're constantly putting on matches, five-star matches time after time. I think that he just wants that to be noticed and appreciated. But that's got absolutely nothing to do with me, I don't know that I've rubbed off on him in that way. And in-ring, no. My style is my style. His style is his style. We're our own people, and then we can just fight side by side."
Quote:
The fan who was involved in the Bully Ray incident at ROH State of the Art: Portland earlier this month attended SmackDown after Kevin Owens invited him to be his guest at a show the next time Owens was in town: “I had more fun tonight at the show than I have in a very long time. I’m humbled and grateful by the generosity of an absolute stranger. Never stop being there for each other. Never stop taking the high road. Never stop being the better man. Thank you @FightOwensFight”
Quote:
In a video on DDP Yoga’s YouTube channel, Big Cass opened up on battling depression, anxiety, and alcohol issues and working to improve his life.
Link: https://youtu.be/7Qq_kaPSGgU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWENetworkNews.com is reporting the following material will be this week's WWE Network Hidden Gems, including extremely rare footage from the old Amarillo territory featuring the Funk family:

NWA Western States 02/01/1971 – Father Knows Best [Duration: 06:42]
The patriarch of the Funk wrestling family, Dory Funk Sr., imparts some fatherly wisdom in this training session with Dory Jr. and Terry.

USWA 11/03/1990 – Texas Royalty [Duration: 10:23]
Long-time rivals square off once more when Terry Funk battles Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PWInsider.com is working on confirming particulars but several counts in Jeff Jarrett and Global Wrestling Entertainment's lawsuit against Impact Wrestling parent company Anthem Sports were dismissed this past Monday 6/24. We should have more details shortly. The lawsuit is still continuing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All Elite Wrestling announced this afternoon that Chris Jericho will be appearing at the 7/13 Fight for the Fallen event in Jacksonville, Florida, which will stream live for free for Bleacher Report Live subscribers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Oriental Wrestling Entertainment is expanding their brand to the United Kingdom this coming September. It was announced via the promotion's social media pages that they'll be launching a United Kingdom division and there will be OWE U.K. Champions along with a tag team division as well. In the graphic that was posted along with the announcement, an O.W.E Championship belt was featured but it was not specified whether that was the world title or the tag team title design.

OWE has a working relationship with All Elite Wrestling and OWE will be represented this weekend at AEW's Fyter Fest show as Christopher Daniels goes one-on-one with former Dragon Gate Open The Brave Champion CIMA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Riki Choshu has had his final match in wrestling.

45-year veteran of the professional wrestling business, Riki Choshu had has final match today at Korakuen Hall as a part of the 'POWER HALL 2019-New Journey Begins' show. Riki ended his career with a loss when he, Shiro Koshinaka and Tomohiro Ishii took on Tatsumi Fujinami, Keiji Mutoh and Togi Makabe. Makabe pinned Choshu and after the match, the former 3-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion picked up a microphone and stated that it is time that he returns to his family after the years he has dedicated to wrestling.

Choshu began his career in the 1970s and has wrestled for All Japan Pro Wrestling, New Japan and U.V.A. in a career that has stretched over 40 years and on June 26th, Choshu ended his career by leaving the victory with Togi Makabe who is still pushing forward as an in-ring competitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned Rusev’s deal with WWE is up soon and he asked for a leave of absence from the company.

On that same show, Meltzer also indicated the reason Baron Corbin is getting pushed the way he is is that Vince McMahon thinks women swoon over guys like him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Many current and former WWE talents have recently complained about WWE and their creative process. Drew McIntyre has a different take on the perceived lack of opportunities. He spoke with Sam Roberts on Not Sam Wrestling about that and the journey he had back to WWE.

"You look in the mirror, you know if you are not giving it everything you got," McIntyre stated. "There are a lot of people that are talented and do deserve more opportunities. But there are those not putting in the work and maybe in their head think they deserve this, this and this. I assure you, outside the company when it is 100 percent on you, it becomes your life. You have to give it all you've got 24/7."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Sunday's WWE Stomping Grounds pay-per-view reportedly did an estimated 9,800 pay-per-view buys in the United States, according to Wrestling Observer Radio.

This would be a record-low number of buys for a WWE pay-per-view in this era. The previous low in the current era would have been 11,000 buys, reportedly for the recent WWE Super ShowDown pay-per-view from Saudi Arabia.

It should be noted that almost no one buys WWE pay-per-view events these days due to the WWE Network, but around 10% of the viewership still buys them on traditional pay-per-view platforms. WWE pay-per-view events average around 15-16,000 buys in this era, with some of the bigger events doing around 20,000. WrestleMania 35 reportedly drew around 100,000 buys this past April ...

An estimated 6,000 fans attended Stomping Grounds, which would have been one of the smallest WWE pay-per-view crowds in a long time. The paid attendance for the pay-per-view was said to be around 4,000 - 4,500 fans, and the Tacoma Dome can hold around 18,000 fans after production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySlam.net
Tommy Dreamer had an entire podcast episode about depression. He shared his stories on the House of Hardcore podcast, because Tommy wants people to know that there will always be another day. That your world does not have to end because one day you feel like it should. Dreamer shares stories about his struggles in life, and gives two stories about the times he was suicidal ...

"When ECW went out of business I was 29 years old. I had a lot of my money, my parents money, trying to float the company. Paul Heyman, who I thought me and him were super tight, he screwed me over big time. He was in the WWE, the whole time. I had turned down hundereds of thousands of dollars to go to WCW. And now was unemployed. I went from a $750,000 offer, and Paul Heyman crying to me, that if I leave ECW, it will go out of business. Meanwhile he was getting a paycheck from WWE. I don’t begrudge him, but then I did. I was depressed as depressed can be. I had women, I had fame, I had everything and yes it was the worst time of my life. It really was. I was doing indies, making decent money on the indies. But, I lived at home…

This is crazy for me to admit it, but I am doing it for a reason, just like I admitted to other things previously. Wrestlemania Houston (X7) Paul Heyman told me I was going to debut. All this stuff, when they had TLC and Spike Dudley came in, and Rhyno came in, and Lita came in. That was supposed to be my spot and then uh, that got ixnayed. Then there was gonna be a hardcore 24/7 thing, that was gonna be “all about you”. That was when I was supposed to debut. I remember I did a show there, and I saw a sign that said “Guns Welcome” and I was in Houston. I did an indie show, and I said “What is this?” I’m from New York, what do you mean “Guns Welcome?” and they said “Oh you are allowed to bring a firearm into the venue. I was across the street from the Astrodome. When I tell you it resonated in my head so, so much. That I’ll tell you what I wanted to do. It’s sick that I think this. At Wrestlemania, I was gonna hop the rail and I was gonna whack Paul E. in the back of the head right at the announce table, then I was gonna whack myself. The ultimate martyr, I was gonna hit my pose crack, boom, pull the trigger. Because I was that insane. Don’t know if I would have went through with it, but that’s what I was thinking about everyday. I was like “I will go down in history.” Pop, boom. First they’d think it as an angle until I shot him. I was so severely depressed and so mental with rage, I needed help. That help came from a phone call from Jim Ross. Randomly I get a phone call from a number I didn’t know… I didn’t pick up, and I remember having these thoughts, and it was bad. I had a gun, I was psssh man. Could you think about the horribleness that I would have done for my legacy? I would have ruined Wrestlemania, which I love Wrestlemania. For everybody. These thoughts were so so crazed in my head. How dare that person, he screwed my parents over and I come from a mobster mentality. In my head I was like “I would become infamous.” Which is famous for the wrong reason. I’m glad I didn’t do it. But when that phone call came from Jim Ross. Again, just said leave a message. It said “Hey Tommy it’s Jim Ross, just want to let you know, we are still thinking about you, we are gonna get it done, just got to hang tight. Thank you.

Think of how stupid I would have been, how dumb and how messed up my thoughts would have been if they would have come to fruition. I am so happy I didn’t do it, I am so happy that I did get that phone call, from someone who was a stranger, I barely knew the guy. There was another day, there has been a lot of other days."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote