View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #819
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Eric Bischoff will officially kick off his tenure as Executive Director of WWE Smackdown at this Tuesday's TV taping. Paul Heyman, obviously, Will be at Monday Night Raw, as he is every week.

We are told that Paul Heyman and Eric Bishoff are already officially on the job and that their contributions and ideas will be implemented over time, so do not expect any immediate overnight massive changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
It was reported by Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheet that the changes will not be immediate with the two expected to ease into the roles. From a timing standpoint, now is the time to make that change where summer numbers don’t carry much weight and treat the summer as the acclimation period for the fall.

The programming will be under a microscope, not just from the fans but also from Vince McMahon and therein lies the source of pessimism. The best course of action would be giving each the proper amount of leeway to succeed or fail on their own. Patience has never been a virtue for the company and sending these two out to produce results within 4-6 weeks will only lead to short-term shock value and would ignore the foundational issues this company is dealing with. They don’t need a band-aid, they need a blood transfusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Eric Bischoff canceled a Canadian tour on Tuesday over a new contract that would prohibit such shows so that tells you roughly when the deal was finalized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tomorrow is All Elite Wrestling's second show, Fyter Fest. The show will be available, for free, on Bleacher Report Live. All you need to do is go to the website, www.bleacherreport.com, and set up a free account. You can watch in a browser that way.

They also have an app for both Apple TV and Roku. It's an easy download and set up.

Our buddy Ben Mitchell sent word that he contacted B/R and they told him that the event will be archived after it airs tomorrow, so if you can't watch it live you can catch it later.

Internationally, the show will air on FITE.TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Attorneys for Ring of Honor star Scott “Colt Cabana” Colton filed a response to former WWE Champion Phil “CM Punk” Brooks’ counter-suit against Colton Wednesday 6/26 in the Circuit Court of Cook County in Illinois, seeking the counter-suit’s dismissal ...

In regard to Brooks’ claim that he and Colton jointly hired The Loeb Firm to represent them in the Dr. Chris Amann lawsuit, Colton claims Brooks, “simply alleges that the parties jointly retained the Loeb Firm to represent them in the Amann Lawsuit and concludes, without any factual support whatsoever, that Colton "retained a benefit in the form of high-quality, professional legal services provided by the Loeb Firm...". Brooks' Counterclaim fails to describe a single act or service done or performed for or on behalf of Colton by the Loeb Firm in the Amann Lawsuit that Brooks purportedly paid for, let alone the reasonable value of same.”

Colton also claims that it wasn’t until he was dropped as a Loeb Firm client and hired his own counsel that Dr. Amann’s claim of defamation against Colton was dropped, insinuating that Loeb hadn’t been able to accomplish that while representing Colton.

In regard to Brooks’ claims that two years after the end of the Amann case that Colton has not paid Brooks back for his share of the $1,210,00 legal bill, Colton responded that Brooks, while testifying in the Dr. Amann trial, stated he told Colton that “I would make sure I took care of everything, because it was unfair that he's being lumped in and attacked. So I told him I would take care of it..." and that he would make sure that Colton was “100% covered" with respect to” Colton's attorney's fees. Colton’s side are arguing that testimony proves Colton was never expected to pay Brooks back ...

Colton claims that Brooks agreed to pay all of the legal bills and had no issue doing so until asking Colton to cover a legal payment “Until I got paid when I fought.” It appears Colton turned down the request to make the payment - which may be where the schism between the two occurred ...

*The motion also argued that Brooks paid the legal bill as a “friendly act” and that by Illinois law, it is “far too late” for the courts to get involved and make one side pay the other – pointing out that it was a year after Colton sued Brooks and after Colton’s third lawsuit filing (his second, amended version of the lawsuit) that Brooks opted to pursue the money he is allegedly owed ...

Colton is claiming that Brooks’ counterclaim alleging they had a contract that would see Colton pay Brooks back half of the legal expenses “law fails as a matter of law” and requests Brooks’ lawsuit be dismissed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
WWE held their first of two shows at Sumo Hall in Tokyo on Friday morning ... There was also a ceremony where Hisashi Shinma was presented with the Legacy Award following this past year’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Beach News Jorunal
Advance ticket sales are running ahead of last year, especially for a FyterFest Live AEW Wrestling Show in the Ocean Center’s arena at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jebailey said.

“The wrestling event is going to be triple the size of last year,” he said. “At this point, we have sold about 1,000 more pre-sold tickets than last year. We had a lot of walk-ups last year and we expect that again this year.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
During the pre-show for Ring of Honor's Best in the World event, Nick Aldis announced Eli Drake as the newest signing of the National Wrestling Alliance. Drake will team with the NWA World Heavyweight Champion against The Briscoe Brothers during tonight's Best in the World pay-per-view.

Aldis needed a tag team partner after Colt Cabana suffered a leg injury and had to pull out of the bout. NWA teased Aldis' tag team partner all week before delivering on the pre-show.
Quote:
Fans were left disappointed at WrestleMania 35 when Baron Corbin ended the career of Kurt Angle. Many, including Kurt himself, wanted Angle's final opponent to be John Cena. However, due to the ongoing storyline, Corbin was announced as Angle's final opponent. Appearing on Busted Open Radio, Angle revealed how Corbin got the honor of beating Angle in his last match.

"Baron and I worked a program after Jason Jordan went out. In my opinion, Vince McMahon said, 'If Jason is not gonna be around, we're gonna use Baron Corbin.' In a lot of ways, I think Baron ended up getting Jason's position. And rightfully so. I love Baron's progress and look. He's actually really good, and he takes care of you in the ring. He is a great worker, and he's continuing to learn. The whole concept of Angle vs. Corbin at WrestleMania 35 occurred because that's where we were going in the first place," recalled Angle. "Vince didn't know that I wanted to retire at WrestleMania. I gave him a list of guys that I wanted to wrestle and the person I wanted to wrestle at WrestleMania. Vince told me, 'I know who you want at WrestleMania [John Cena]. I was expecting you to go until WrestleMania 36 and I could have given you a different opponent, a guy you wanted. But we have been working this program for a year, and we're not going to drop it. If you want to retire this year, your last match will be against Baron.' I was cool with it, and I understood. Was Baron the right person? Probably not. But look at him now. I think he's the best heel in the business."

Jason Jordan is the on-screen son of Angle but has not been on television since February 2018 due to a neck injury. There is no update on when he'll return to the ring.
Quote:
Glenn "Kane" Jacobs has transitioned from "The Big Red Machine" to the Mayor of Knox County, Tennessee. In August of 2018, Jacobs was officially sworn in as the Mayor of Knox County and just one month prior to that, he made his return to WWE programming to form a team with current SmackDown Live Tag Team Champion Daniel Bryan.

This coming November, Jacobs will be releasing a memoir about his careers in wrestling and politics. The memoir is entitled, 'Mayor Kane: My Life in Wrestling and Liberty' and here's the synopsis for the book:

"The wrestler-turned-politician hasn't hung up his wrestling boots yet. Politics is a contact sport and Jacobs is using his wrestling skills in that arena," the synopsis reads."My character Kane... it was always a character, you know, and you very rarely saw me, Glenn Jacobs, behind that character. This book is a glimpse into Glenn Jacobs, which I think a lot of wrestling fans will enjoy," Jacobs said.

The memoir will officially be released on November 26th and is currently available to pre-order.
Quote:
Robert Roode, EC3, and Cesaro are calling themselves The Main Event Muscle Men. The trio teamed on this week's episode of WWE Main Event.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote