View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #125
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
I dunno it just felt like "Why is she booked for the show? She's not gonna draw."

They still need to have an undercard.
I dunno, I'm just amazed by the route they are taking. They are trying to make this WWE-lite, which doesn't surprise me, since Cody comes from the WWE bubble. I don't think people realize how hard it's going to be to get 10,000 into a building to watch sports entertainment. WWE has trouble doing it. Chris Jericho only added a couple of thousand, at most to the Tokyo Dome. You'd need a third of the extra subscribers to this year's Wrestle Kingdom show to attend All In in order to make up the 10,000 people. That was 9.99 yen, and it came from all over the world. You're asking those people to pay for airfare, travel, tickets, accommodation, etc.

I'm fairly certain they will have Jericho and Omega for the show, but you still need 10% of New Japan's subscribers from all over the world to be at that show in order to fill that arena. Sorry if that sounds cynical, but those are just the numbers. It's going to be all in the promotion. CM Punk being there would be a huge help in Chicago (probably -- I think Destor has more than a valid point when he talks about Punk's diminished wider appeal now that he's a confirmed bitch). But Jericho is only worth a few thousand people when he's wrestling in his first match outside the WWF/E in 20-odd years. What are diminished returns going to be like if he has clunkers between now and then? And they're signing up the usual indy suspects. Okay.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote