View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #24639
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Didn't want to start an entirely new thread for this thought, but I think I'm interested in your opinions nonetheless.

What an absolute shame that CM Punk left when he did. If he had just held out for another year, he would've been in a prime position to get the main event of WrestleMania. If all of the injuries and everything had happened exactly the same way and Punk had stayed healthy, I could easily see CM Punk versus Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 32.

Not only that, but the influx of talent to the WWE would've made for some absolutely incredible matches. Where do I begin?

Punk vs Styles
Punk vs Zayn
Punk vs Owens
Punk vs Joe
Punk vs Nakamura
Punk vs Balor
Punk vs Aries

I could go on. All of those matches are worthy of a PPV main event and all of them would pretty much guaranteed burn the house down. Then start mixing those names up in triple threats, four ways, ladder matches... the combinations are almost endless. That's at least another 2-3 years worth of awesome, fresh feuds, which Punk would turn into gold because he was pretty damn good at that.

Now, he'll probably have one or two fights in UFC and, unless he wins, his star will slowly burn out until he's remembered as a used-to-be guy that never really fulfilled his total potential.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote