View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #1608
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
lol He goes off on random rants in every episode it seems.

One of the early ones, Conrad was doing one of the anti drinking/texting while driving ads and made the mistake of pitching to JR who, after talking for what seemed like 5 minutes, had ended up discussing some road story that had nothing to do with the ad. Once he was done, Conrad was just like “... So yes, as I was saying, don’t text and drive.”
oh I know. But some episodes are worse than others. I think he and Conrad have this really weird chemistry because it's less goofy jokes and more straight talk. And I understand people not liking the show--but J.R. does offer very unique insights. However... episodes are only good if J.R.'s salt levels aren't oceanic.. and more akin to a finely seasoned steak. When he's in a foul mood, you may as well just turn it off right at the beginning.

I do very much understand why Ross is the way he is. Been through A LOT in his life -- and losing Jan is just all kinds of atrocious. Still, I don't need to listen to him randomly start ranting about shit only he understands without any context.

though tbh, I don't get why he's catching flack for AEW commentating. I think it's been some of his better work in years. IMO he should just stay off Twitter for his own sanity.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote