View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 11:35 PM   #1637
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Yeah, Tye Dillinger coming in and getting a big push right away was already pretty TNA-like. granted, his promo on Road to All Out was fantastic so I think they can pull it off here but it's not a bridge I want them to cross all the time.
Kinda feel like this is a different beast, albeit knowing more shit than I should colors him a bit of a better light. I still remember an interview about him in NXT where Dusty labled him with "why is he still here?"; as in, there was nothing else to "develop" and he already had everything down so why the fuck isn't he being called up? And obviously Dusty was still alive when that was said. For him to be as talented as he supposedly is yet sit in NXT for a couple more years, and then be squandered on the main roster with a couple of obligatory 10 positions in the Royal Rumble seems like it should be considered a huge waste of money and time for all parties involved.

Seems less like TNA featuring whatever WWE future endeavor castoff of the month as the next main eventer to something more akin to Derrick Bateman becoming ECIII and being able to get a much needed makeover and a clear career path. He was given the role and push of a lifetime, but he was also able to take that ball and run with it. And of course, WWE gets him back for a big NXT re-debut and then proceeds to do nothing of note with him again.

But back on Tye/Shawn... I'm interested to see how he can spread his wings as a heel and I'm super interested in this Tully direction. "This interview needs to be over" has quickly become a new favorite phrase, and is this going to be a Lesnar/Heyman thing or is this the beginning of a yet to be established stable?
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote