View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #29
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04

James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WWE just simply has too much content to keep up with and the content on the 2 main shows is brutal. They also have dicked themselves by refusing to pull the trigger on countless guys when it’s their time to be on top of the card. I believe WWE’s philosophy is to make it like the circus and you come for the whole show over just 1 main attraction. It works to a degree in that I’d pay to go to a live event but watching 5+ hours every week is too much commitment even if it’s good programming. I can’t remember the last time I sat down and watched an entire RAW and didn’t fall asleep or lose interest and just pull up something on YouTube. Hell, I don’t even keep up with AEW either. AEW has never gotten me interested enough to pay for a PPV though. YouTube clips and review videos pretty much fill me in on storylines. There just aren’t any characters that glue to me to the TV.

I pretty much just watch the WWE PPVs now and have done that for awhile since the matches are usually pretty good now. I know the pandemic hasn’t helped with this either though since the no-crowd shows were awkward and brutal to watch and the Thunderdome/piped in crowd noise isn’t much better. The WWE Network and YouTube are pretty much the only reason I’m still plugged into wrestling enough to post here once in a blue moon.

Hopefully WWE can spark a couple of new hot babyfaces once live events start back up.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote