View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #11595
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sisters Brothers - 3.5/4

Presenting it as anything other than a Western was a terrible error of judgement. I was expecting a dark comedy adventure based on how it was packaged and sold but it's classic Western all the way. It's quite off key in a very pleasant way, there are uneasy moments galore which can turn either way and I was enamoured with the style of the story and the choices made in the cast.

Riz Ahmed and Jake Gyllenhaal stood out as strongly as Reilly and Phoenix in the support but their tale is so beautifully told that I really think they could have had a teeny bit more screen time just because it is powerful stuff and it sticks with me, as they do as characters. Reilly was especially likeable in his role as the guardian, partner and brother of Phoenix's hot headed and cold blooded hunter killer. Phoenix, who is now so incredibly talented as an actor that I can hardly even tell he's a real person anymore, becomes more endearing despite every act of brutality and stupidity in the story.

I really loved it.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote