View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #10213
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Burnt Offerings (1976) steamed on Prime - 4/5

Great 70's haunted house story. Family rents out a huge summer home and the house seems to thrive on their pain and suffering. Combining some elements of The Shining and typical haunted house flicks paired with some cinematography that reminded me of Psycho, I loved it. Solid acting from everyone, including a supporting role by Burgess Meredith.

The Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) streamed on Prime - 2.5/5

I did enjoy this movie though I have to give it a lower rating based on some poor production quality. The story is in 1800's England, a small village seems to have a resurgence of witchcraft troubling it's townspeople and turning the teenagers into murderers. Featuring a super hot 20 something Linda Hayden in a pretty hot nude scene. The acting is okay and sometimes good, the atmosphere is great and kept me around throughout the film. I wouldn't highly recommend it unless you have a thing for 70's English horror like I do.

The Endless (2017) streamed on Netflix - 2/5

I was really looking forward to this movie, the premise seemed interesting enough. However it was over from the beginning. Spoilers ahead. The first 10 minutes of the film just reeked of back actor written script with way too much exposition to the point it seemed like the movie was going to be a docudrama and then after two direct address monologue interviews that whole storytelling style was dropped into a narrative and never resurfaced back into the docu-style.

We learn of two brothers who had escaped a "UFO death cult" 10 year prior and want to go back to make sure they didn't make a mistake in leaving. The movie picks up upon the brothers arrival to the camp, in the middle of nowhere. The community seems harmless and healthy, peaceful and loving, perhaps they did make a mistake. That is until we discover a menacing force that seems to keep those inside a certain geographic measurement trapped into certain time loops. It does get very muddled and confusing but the arch of the story is clear. This movie to me reeked of amateur filmaking with a decent investor.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote