Thread: RPG Maker MV
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #7
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Also funny (in respect to RPG Maker 1, I mean) how ahead of its time that thing was.

The infrastructure was not quite in place yet for doing anything major with it unless you were in the nerdiest of the nerdy circles of four or five friends who ALL stumbled across it and all shared your creations amongst yourselves. Internet was still kind of a wild west frontier town, MP3s were "the devil", and dedicated communities to such a niche thing was far from readily available and accessible.

Like I said, I got lucky with getting a Dex Drive super cheap (there were a bunch on clearance at Wal-Mart, and nobody knew what it even was... I remember it was way cheaper than picking up an additonal memory card and that feeling all kinds of ironic), so I was able to back shit up to my PC and swap out saves from games when I inevitably needed more blocks freed up for RPG Maker. I only ever found out about a Dex Drive myself because of this game. Wasn't really a publicized peripheral, because memory cards were a goldmine of an accessory. Why publicize the single purchase cow when you can sell the milk repeatedly at a premium, or something like that.

Pretty sure now there will be some fairly bustling subreddit or fan wiki, and all you would need to do is hot swap an external hard drive from your xbox to a PC with some drive reading tool installed for file access. You can plug in a MS keyboard and mouse, or even possibly use the analog sticks and a chatpad.

If something even as "simple" as the first RPG Maker or even Fighter Maker came out now, ATLUS would have prob'ly made a mint.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote