View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:03 AM   #73
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
I figured I'd make a GTA V thread but I see there already is one. Sorry for bumping such an old thread but it's better than a whole seperate thread. Plus I just found these posts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I'd like to see them mix it up and give us a Western. I can't think of a game anywhere near the scope of GTA with an old west theme. The only problem with it would be the soundtrack.

Or they could make a branch of the GTA engine and do it as a separate series.
Xero got his wish with RDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kano View Post
Yeah, so what? What fucking use is a load of mountains on a GTA game? a few missions and to make the scenery look good. And yeah, its FULL of mountains so again, its not a good thing.

You'll be driving shitty cars, not many of them either in those days so thats like 5 different types, a few fuckin farm vehicles, great.

Whats that riding horses? no thanks.

Its a nice thought but let's let the western idea die gracefully with that piece of shit GUN.
Kano underestimating what R* can do.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is because we can't be more than 6 months from an announcement.
R* tend to announce games just as they wrap up developing their current one. With MP3 due out in, I think, March next year, GTA V announcements can't be that far off. So, lets get back to talking about what we'd like to see and/or where we'd like to see it.

If you already posted ideas in 2008, have they changed? Improved?

I came across this GTA IV fan made video and thought it would be a cool feature to have in GTA V online:

It would be cool to check out who was doing what. Maybe have the news chopper follow whoever has the highest wanted level, complete with updates on location and gamertag. Maybe even actions like "Suspect opens fire in mall. 12 officers down. Explosions."

There was a time I spawned as I joined a Free Roam game in GTA IV and the first thing I saw was a dangerously low helicopter chasing a guy in a cop car chasing a guy on a dirt bike, all very close to each other. I would really have liked to have seen what was going on there and how it ended.
If GTA V builds on how interactive RDR was, I'm sure watching other players could get some interesting results.
Especially if there are gangs like in RDR. The news chopper would automatically be there with updates and footage on a gang war between player gangs (if we could make them) and AI gangs in "hideouts".

Another thing that would be cool, especially in MP, would be a cherry picker.
One of these (ignore that this one is LEGO) :

One player drives, the other player stands on the back, the 3rd player can control it. Raising, lowering and moving the crane while the 2nd player opens fire would be great for causing mayhem.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote