View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #67
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
The John Cena “You can’t see me” joke after was pretty cringeworthy, too. I’m more offended by the bad comedy than anything.

Also I think you’re adding your own spin to make it funny. You know about Goldust and Darren Young and wrestling’s history of preying on gay stereotypes. I highly doubt he was going any deeper than “lol sweaty men grappling. GAYYYYY.” He was mad at WWE for being pro Saudi Arabia and needed to burn them and that was his way of doing it. By insulting it for being homoerotic. Lol

Low-hanging fruit isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just... put a new twist on it.
Not really. I can use specific examples because I'm a wrestling fan, but it is a form of entertainment so laden in machismo it is naturally funny to consider how homoerotic it is. That's not to say you can't display lots of machismo and be flagrantly homosexual, but our initial bias/preconception is to see the funny contrast. Like... from what I've garnered, most outsiders think "look at these big sweaty 'tough men' pretending to beat one another up, but really they just want to touch one another."

It's the same with most sports tbh.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote