View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 07:45 AM   #35
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Thanos is balancing the universe. If they can't undo what he's done, then there are no stakes. He has no plans to eradicate the whole universe. They'd be fighting him in the second movie just to beat him up. The chance that they could save everyone who Thanos has killed is the motivation.

Also, after all these years and all these movies, it would be very disappointing if the whole thing ended on a downer. Even if they defeat Thanos, if half the universe is still erased at the end, that's depressing. No two ways about it.

I'm not saying everyone that dies should come back mind you. Just that if Thanos is able to assemble the gauntlet and erase half the universe, that those people should come back at the end. Anyone who is killed by Thanos or his minions directly can stay dead, as long as its a meaningful death.
SPOILER: show
Well this movie does end in exactly that way; The Downer.

The thing I’m getting at is that there has to be real ramifications at the end of Avengers 4. They can bring back all the characters that were snapped out of existence by all means but there has to be some cost.

I’m imaging that the cost will be the life of Tony and/or Steve seeing as they don’t croak in this movie
XL is offline   Reply With Quote