View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #30
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Not that the face run was bad, but just in terms of the laziest turn ever, how about Sheamus telling Mark Henry "ill fight you fella".

That was literally all they did to turn Sheamus Face. No wonder WWE needs a whole staff of writers, complex character development!

And yeah Noid, some of those Irish fables were weird lol
I couldn't remember the exact circumstances of Sheamus turning babyface. I thought it was against Mark Henry in the second half of 2011, but I can't be absolutely sure. That's not a great marker for its effectiveness.

Still, I remember people initially being excited about the prospect of a bad-ass babyface Sheamus slightly more than me. I was still pissed off they didn't give Christian a chance as a face for a little while before the heel turn. The wheels really came off when Vince injected his cheesy filling, like he does every Superman prototype.

Edge's face "turn" off his injury in 2010 that saw him as a heel and re-aligned with Jericho by SummerSlam can't be considered the best. Not so much a turn as the actual run though. He just kind of came back a babyface and failed to beat up the guy he came back for. Ironically, he totally Matt Hardy'd himself against Jericho's Edge.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote