View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 05:36 PM   #61927
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I don't really recall the previous injuries as I don't follow that promotion very much, only occasionally watch some matches here and there. He did have pneumonia I think back in the summer though which sidelined him for a couple months, and he wasn't fully back to strength when they brought him back.

This particular injury doesn't seem like it will be too major in the long run though. He apparently wanted to finish the match but the ref decided against that and called it off. Dunno if you've seen it, but he did the Phoenix Splash from the top and Okada rolled out of the way and when Ibushi braced himself for the miss something happened to his arm. It was speculated that he had broken his arm at first, but now it seems as though he just had a fluke dislocation of his shoulder. Will prob miss a couple months of action I imagine.
If it’s a freak thing, I get it. Thanks for the details. It just seems like banking on him right now is just too unwieldy though. If he makes Wrestle Kingdom, I’d be all for him going over deserter Kenny Omega in a match that a lot of people want to see, but I don’t think I’d use him near the top of cards right now. He’s so stop-start.

If Omega isn’t an option because of Covid or whatever, I’d put someone like Jay White or ZSJ over him to build them as Okada contenders. Maybe even just a solid win for Tanahashi to get him back into the picture.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote