View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 07:36 AM   #153
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Interesting discussion between Dale and Destor earlier in the thread re: Punk's credibility in WWE. Ultimately, I think Dale is right. The top guys just don't seem to be as savvy as the top guys of yesteryear. Orton has no problems doing jobs for Jinder Mahal; Roman Reigns has no problem doing jobs for The Miz, etc. The only guy who really protects his star these days is Brock, but he's a Heyman guy, so him selling for Punk doesn't seem entirely out of the realm of possibility. They'll just spin it so that they make them seem like different animals, or that CM Punk actually took a dive in order to get out of his UFC deal to go back to wrestling or whatever. Lower standards for himself so he can swoop back into posiiton instead of everyone being on guard.

I do think that Punk will end up back in wrestling, and I think his pride will, to a point, take him places other than WWE for a while. He can basically call his shots, because the business is so desperate to have him back. I'd like to imagine New Japan would take themselves more seriously as wrestling, but I think they'd just try to work things out like I suggested above. I can easily imagine Jericho cutting promos on Punk "turning to shit in his old age" and Punk being all "well, how about you give me a shot at that belt, Lionheart?" and them just hoping for the best. Sinclair might break the bank in order to get him to that MSG show for ROH too. At some point he will end up back in the WWE however. He won't need it; they won't need him -- these things just end up happening when there is room for them to make money off each other. I think Punk would get to win a Royal Rumble and main event if he came back. If the crowd loves him, cool; if they hate him, they will work it in. And Punk vs. Triple H will happen at WrestleMania at some point too. Either that or Trips & Steph vs. Punk & AJ Lee with Lee getting to cut promos about Steph taking credit for the women's revolution.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote