View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #10513
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Watching The Meg,
SPOILER: show
there's an Oriental woman in this who comes off as a dangerously stupid bastard. They give her these lines like she's some arrogant professional then she continually fucks things up, nearly gets Statham killed and somehow gives him shit for it afterwards and he just smiles every fucking time.

I dunno who wrote this but their interpretation of comedy is basically "women screw things up and act superior regardless".

I don't find it funny.

In one particularly face-screwing example she actually sticks Statham on a winch in the ocean and when they start it to winch him back in she stops it just as the Meg takes chase to say "No vibrations!" Then realised Statham is now dead in the water so they have to restart the winch.

I'm sorry but that sort of thing pulls me out of films. That's not a mistake, that's a director purposefully making a character such a shithead that you lose focus on the action, the spectacle that cost millions to lure you in in the first place.

Idiotic.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote