View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 12:06 AM   #44072
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
It's just like a soap-opera. A lot of characters come and go. Some, even main-event/major ones, only have 2-3 years worth of story to tell. Some might have a decade plus.

Bray is a perfect example - 2-3 years worth of good story & could have released him after that. WWE instead just hires and stockpiles people. A smaller, constantly cycled out roster would keep things fresh all the time. And you can always bring some people back, if needed, for another run down the line.
Or, you know, actually give people you're not using time off or permission to work elsewhere.

Funny how someone could concievably have 8 months worth of stuff, then be off TV doing nothing and still have to follow the company around. I mean, when was the last time Zack Ryder even had a match? The only people who get time to freshen up/rest up is, ironically, someone who is either seriously injured or pregnant.

And I've made my feelings known about the "WWE instead just hires and stockpiles people" part... I believe they do it just so that person with buzz isn't attracting the buzz elsewhere. I first noticed it with CM Punk. He was getting all this attention in the indies for his matches everywhere with Colt. WWE hired him and sent him to developmental, and had no idea what to do with him and were ready to release him... after essentially wasting a bunch of time and effort because he made a name for himself outside of the machine. It's only gotten worse over time, especially with rise of NJPW worldwide, and the resurgance of wrestling in the UK.

You now have a glut of actual talent in NXT. You have an entire division nobody thinks about in 205 Live full of talented motherfuckers vying for the "This Flippy Shit Is All Vince Thinks You Are" purple belt. You have them trying to expand this "Women's rEvolution" to sign a ton of ladies from all around he world... just to have Sasha vs. Bayley become the female Cena vs. Orton. And even when it looks like they might try to build new stars, they either pull hotshot bullshit like with Roman or Jinder or they cut the nuts off of anyone gaining traction. Watch the B Team fizzle out in a few months because WWE will be done with them. Won't even be AoP they get fed to, because both of those teams will fuck off to oblivion when War Machine Raiders show up on the main roster (or Street Profits, if they blow the load of Hanson and Rowe meeting Harper and Rowan in short order).
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote