View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #3989
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Got around to finally playing RDR2 recently and it was incredible. So many amazing characters. But above all of them is Arthur; he's up there very high on my all-time favorite characters list. Really felt connected with him. Gameplay is standard Rockstar fare at this point and there is nothing wrong with that. I do have one major complaint though in that half the game world is locked off until the post game....and then there is really nothing there anyways. Seems like a HUGE waste of assets or a clear indication that a lot of content was cut/unfinished. I'm actually hopeful though that the assets were put in place for a remastered version of RDR1, only as DLC for part 2. It would be incredible to play it all in that engine as one huge experience.

Following that I decided to jump into Assassin's Creed Odyssey with the season pass since they just released the final major DLC pack. I LOVE this game. I know there are a lot of complaints about it not feeling like assassins creed, and those complaints are valid to an extent and I get them.....but I'm not complaining because to me, this is better. The evolution of the series is going on a great path as far as I'm concerned.

Easily the biggest game world I can remember exploring. And I don't seem to be getting bored of it. At all. I've spent dozens of hours just walking around exploring aimlessly at this point. They've also finally embraced the more fantastical aspects of their lore, especially in the DLC; this is a very good thing because I suddenly find myself understanding some of the more esoteric aspects of previous stories. The combat is more visceral and immediate, but you can still be a ranged power house or a silent killer if you want; I run an assassin build that can also stand up pretty good in a brawl with any survivors of my assassinations. And there is just so much to do at all times with no end to mercenaries hunting you down and contracts to complete.

Literally the only complaint I have is that it's too big and that's not really a complaint.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote